Clinical Pharmacy Specialist - Viera Hospital, Full Time - 046015
To be fully engaged in providing Uncompromised Safety, Superior Quality, Memorable Patient/Customer Experiences, and Financial Stewardship, the associate clinical coordinator acts on a facility level to assist the system clinical pharmacy manager in planning, developing and coordinating clinical pharmacy services and ensuring that the department of pharmacy provides optimal clinical services on a daily basis at their institution. The Clinical Pharmacy Specialist facilitates the development, implementation, and maintenance of systems that promote desirable patient outcomes through the use of safe, cost-effective drug therapies.
- Assists in the implementation of HF mission and execution of the overall strategic goals as described by senior leadership
- Acts under the direction of the system clinical pharmacy manager and as such, keeps him/her informed on the progress and status of objectives and action plans
- In conjunction with system clinical pharmacy manager, is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating goals and objectives for clinical pharmacy
- Maintains a positive, open and effective relationship with the medical staffs, hospital management teams and all levels of personnel through open communication utilizing effective written and verbal skills.
- Work diligently to increasingly engage, provide tools of engagement, and raise issues of engagement with pharmacy
- Disseminates best practice information obtained from outside resources and across Health First
- Prepares and presents drug reviews, Medication Use Evaluation (MUE) criteria, antibiotic sensitivity reports, adverse drug reaction reports, and pharmacy interventions to appropriate committees
- Reviews the use of targeted medications for compliance with current pharmacoeconomic programs
- Facilitates the development and implementation of treatment guidelines, protocols, formulary changes, and critical pathways as approved by appropriate committees.
- Monitors medication therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, adverse drug reactions, and appropriateness of medication therapy.
- Maintains current pharmacist licensure.
- Participates in quality improvement activities both within pharmacy and interdepartmental where appropriate
- Collects and analyzes data and maintains documentation of clinical activities
- Evaluates methodologies, systems and programs of clinical pharmacy/medication therapy and implements necessary changes to achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness that will result in improved patient care.
- Graduated from accredited college of pharmacy. Must possess a Pharm.D. degree
- Preferred ASHP Accredited Residency or 2 Years of Clinical Pharmacy Experience
- License to practice in the state of Florida by the Board of Pharmac
- Hours may be long and irregular; includes evening, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Excellent human relations skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities
- Strong computer skills
Organization: Health First, Inc.
Primary Location: United States-Florida - Brevard County-Viera
Shift Times: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm