Looking for a Clinical Pharmacy Technician in our Thriving organization
One Community Health is recruiting mission driven, kind, warm hearted, and hard-working people who are dedicated to quality care and superior service. Our culture is centered around our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence. We are proud of our inclusiveness and the diversity of our staff and patients.
One Community Health is poised for growth and expansion. Come join us on this journey as we become healthy together!
At One Community Health we believe healthcare isn't a privilege; it's a human right. Everyone should have the opportunity to achieve optimal health. We've made it our job to help individuals and our community lower the barrier to wellness. Our organization pushes for equality for all and for social justice for those on the margins. Our doctors and health care professionals treat people with compassion, without judgment for their personal choices and behavior. We provide a comprehensive menu of services to everyone in need, and we advocate for public awareness of such issues as the stigma surrounding mental illness and the need for healthcare for everyone. We understand the impact of trauma on one's health and are working to help people heal those wounds. When we see suffering, we try to heal it whether it be an individual in pain or a group in our community. If these are your values are your values, then please consider joining our team.
What We Are
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) serving all those in need in the Sacramento area. We have been a level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home since 2011 and were the first to earn that designation in Sacramento. Integrated, comprehensive and supportive services to maximize health outcomes. The founding values of One Community Health were based on providing a safe and welcoming place for people who often experienced social exclusion and discrimination.
- Medical Insurance
- We offer a choice between three carriers: Sutter Plus, WHA and Kaiser Permanente.
- One Community Health pays about 90% of the Employee only premium and pays 75% of the costs for dependents or partners/spouses.
- 2 Dental plans offered through Delta Dental: PPO and DHMO
- DHMO is paid in full by employer (employee only)
- VSP Vision Insurance paid in full by employer (employee only)
- Company Paid Life, AD&D and LTD offered through Unum
- One times annual salary paid in full by employer (LIFE and AD&D)
- LTD is 60% annual salary paid in full by employer after 90 days
- Flexible Spending Plan (before-tax savings plans)
- Employee Assistance
- Supplemental Insurance through Aflac
- Up to 4% employer match at 90 days of employment
- Administrative fees and administration of plan managed and paid for by employer
- Robust PTO, Sick Time, & Paid Holidays
- Additional Benefits/Extra's
- We are an eligible NHSC (National Health Service Core) approved loan repayment site and have an HPSA score of 16.
- Opportunity for Reimbursements, Bonus options and/or annual increase.
- Educational and Language Stipends: higher level of education or secondary languages
- Professional dues and/or licensure fees paid by organization as it relates to the position
- Professional training and/or conference/travel fees paid by organization
- Opportunity for Community Engagement, Events and Involvement
- Opportunities to help with state and national level advocacy
About the Position
The Clinical Pharmacy Technician is responsible for retrieving information from medical records, and other sources as required to provide support to the Clinical Pharmacists, and to complete processing of Prior Authorization and the Medication Refill Program requests. These tasks are completed within the scope of a licensed pharmacy technician.
- Communicates with patients, providers, One Community Health Pharmacy and outside entities to facilitate medication access.
- Assists in patient interventions and medication reconciliations.
- Maintains database of activities to document workload and patient outcomes.
- Pain contract maintenance when required by insurance.
- Assist managing the weekly Controlled Interdisciplinary Committee (CSIC) meeting.
- Prescription generation.
- Urine drug screens according to protocol for patients on opioid tapers or transitioning to buprenorphine.
- Perform pill counts for patient being followed by clinical pharmacy.
- Complete chart and laboratory research and analyze for compliance.
- Access PDMP website as directed by and as pharmacist's delegate.
- Assist clinical pharmacist
- Manage patients seen under the Collaborative Practice Agreements.
- Receive correspondence and properly document/index to correct EMR.
- Triage phone calls, patient requests, and staff messages to pharmacist.
- Schedule appointments on pharmacist template.
- Process referrals.
- Process prior authorization requests.
- Process all medication refill requests submitted to One Community Health providers.
- Documentation of all activities.
- Continuous quality improvement.
- Must possess and maintain a State of California Pharmacy Technician license in good standing.
- PTCB certification preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in either a retail setting or a combination of retail, clinic or PBM.
One Community Health values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at One Community Health means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person's talents and strengths. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. Please provide us with notice if you will require accommodations during the interview process.