Locations: New York, NewYork
Categories: Nursing –Advance Practice/ Nurse Practitioner/ CRNA
Ground breaking science. Advancingmedicine. Healing made personal.
Responsiblefor assuring compliance with mandated clinical interventions inclusive of coremeasures within the medical center. Interfaces directly with MSMC Departments,Administrators, Nursing, Medical and Quality Leadership, and Clinical Staff,overseeing administrative and daily operations of the core measures andclinical intervention compliance program.
Roles amp; Responsibilities:
- Oversees clinical operations within the program,using data and fact-based problem solving techniques to improve processes andoutcomes. Ensures that all clinical initiatives run according to institutionaland departmental policies and in accordance with any government or regulatoryrequirements as applicable.
- Recruits, orients, trains, coaches, counsels,mentors, disciplines, and evaluates staff in accordance with all internalpolicies and procedures. Communicates values, strategies, and objectives ofdepartment or division on a regular basis. Assigns accountabilities, delegatestasks and responsibilities, and plans, monitors and appraises job performance.
- Develops, maintains and reconciles departmentalbudget with financial responsibility and oversight for department or division.
- Plans, develops, and/or maintains departmentalstandard operating procedures. Regularly reviews policies and procedures andmakes changes, or recommends changes to superiors as necessary.
- In conjunction with Nursing, Medical and QualityLeadership, coordinates educational and performance improvement activitieswithin a designated clinical specialty.
- Develops and designs of action plans to supportclinical performance and competency and provides support and educationalresources to departments and services relative to nursing care delivery withinthe context quality assessment and improvement processes.
- Establishes and implements short and long termgoals, objectives, policies and operating procedures for high level ofperformance in nursing care delivery.
- Coordinates and leads in the execution of day today educational program activities, as appropriate to program objectives andareas of clinical expertise.
- Oversees the collection, compilation, andanalysis of clinical program activity data to evaluate clinical performance andcompetence.
- Provides technical assistance, resource services,consultation and education to clinical specialty service relative toorientation, ongoing assessment of competency and performance improvementactivities.
- Serves as a clinical role model and resource tothe nursing staff.
- Prepares reports and analysis associated withorientation of new hires, ongoing competency and evaluation of staffperformance and identification of related outcome measures.
- Provides timely status reports of results ofassignments including identification of patterns and trends that requireactions.
- Collaborates with other members of the healthcare team in the development, implementation, and ongoing review of policies,procedures, and standards of care for designated patient populations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospital, departmentaland care center standards, policies, procedures and guidelines as well asregulatory agency standards. Assures readiness for Joint Commission and otheragency surveys and presents related programs during.
- Participates in daily activities that reflectbudgetary constraints and incorporates financial principles into programdevelopment and allocation of resources.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge byattending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices;participating in professional societies.
- Participates in the performance appraisal processof designated Nursing staff.
- New YorkState License with current registration as a registered professional nurse.
- BaccalaureateDegree in Nursing is required. Master’s in Nursing or health related field isrequired
- Certificationin oncology preferred.
- Progressivemanagerial and clinical job related experience specific to oncology.
- 5 yearsdirectly related experience (some supervisory preferred)
- Communication - Clearly conveying information andideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner thatengages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Decision Making - Identifying and understandingissues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources todraw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action ordeveloping appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent withavailable facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Building a Successful Team - Using appropriatemethods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team;facilitating the completion of team goals.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness whenexperiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjustingeffectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, orcultures.
- Building Trust - Interacting with others in a waythat gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Aligning Performance for Success - Focusing andguiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Customer Focus - Ensuring that the customerperspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities;crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and ownorganization’s needs.
- Driving for Results - Setting high goals forpersonal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitorprogress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals whilederiving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Coaching and Developing Others - Providingfeedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in theircurrent or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the developmentof individual skills and abilities.
- Building Partnerships - Identifying opportunitiesand taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and otherareas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve businessgoals.
- Delegating Responsibility - Allocatingdecision-making authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate others tomaximize the organization’s and individuals’ effectiveness.
- Gaining Commitment - Using appropriateinterpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans;modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individualsinvolved.
- Stress Tolerance - Maintaining stable performanceunder pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handlingstress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Physical stamina, dexterity and mental healthnecessary to coordinate a broad variety of services and programs for designatedpatient population on a daily basis
- Participates in the performance appraisal processof designated Nursing staff.
The Mount Sinai HealthSystem believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a commondevotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as thecity we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When youjoin us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement,education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquireand retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing workenvironment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that allemployees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on qualitypatient care.
Explore more about thisopportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employeesstrong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to providecompassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicinethrough unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diversecommunities we serve.
Formed in September 2013,The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School ofMedicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including MountSinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital,Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), MountSinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health Systemis an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect forindividual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feelvalued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexualorientation.
Shift : Full-time
Primary Location: New York-New York