Mercy Catholic Medical Center, Mercy Philadelphia Campus has an opening for a Clinical Psychologist.
The Psychologist will perform pre-surgical psychological evaluations for bariatric patients as an important adjunct to the decision-making process before bariatric surgery and document that these formal psychological evaluations have demonstrated that the patients are sound candidates for bariatric surgery and are able to adhere to post-surgical behavior management requirements.
The evaluation should consist of three components:
1. Standard Psychological Assessment: Clinical interview to assess:
• Emotional stability
• Ability to comprehend the risk of surgery and to give consent
• Emotional resilience to cope with the many stressors and adjustments related to bariatric surgery
• Motivation and commitment to comply with long-term aftercare plan
• Drug and alcohol issues
• Binge eating behaviors
• Mood and anxiety level
2. Objective Psychological Test:
• Mental Status Examination to include an evaluation of cognitive functioning, orientation,
memory, recall, mood/affect, psychosis, suicidality, attention/concentration, relatedness
and thought processes.
3. Diagnostic Impressions, Recommendations and Treatment Planning
• The referring surgeon will receive a report indicating established diagnostic impressions, clinical recommendations for psychological care (before and after surgery) and suggestions for treatment planning if needed.
Psychologist will perform psychological testing as ordered by attending physician within timeframe identified in By-Laws and as current standards require.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.