Clinical Research Coord II - Orlando Health UF Health Cancer Center
Clinical Research Coordinator II
Orlando Health is a $3.4 billion not-for-profit healthcare organization and a community-based network of hospitals, physician practices and outpatient care centers across Central Florida. The organization is home to the area’s only Level One Trauma Centers for adults and pediatrics, and is a statutory teaching hospital system that offers both specialty and community hospitals. More than 2,900 physicians have privileges across the system, which is also one of the area’s largest employers with more than 20,000 employees who serve more than 112,000 inpatients, more than 2.4 million outpatients, and more than 10,000 international patients each year. Additionally, Orlando Health provides more than $450 million in total value to the community in the form of charity care, community benefit programs and services, community building activities and more. Additional information can be found at www.orlandohealth.com.
Must meet one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related field (i.e. Healthcare Administration, Nursing, Respiratory Therapy, Health & Wellness or HealthInformation Management); or
- Associate degree in related field (i.e. Healthcare Administration, Nursing, Respiratory Therapy, Health & Wellness or HealthInformation Management) and one (1) year of clinical research or healthcare experience (in addition to the requirements listed inthe Experience section); or
- Graduate of an accredited allied health program and one (1) year of clinical research or healthcare experience (in addition to therequirements listed in the Experience section)
- All RNs and other Clinical Research Coordinators involved in direct patient care may be required to be licensed by the medical director.
- Maintains current Certified Research Coordinator CCRC/CCRP by the Association of Research Professionals or SOCRA (Society of Clinical Research Associates.
- BLS/Healthcare Provider certification required
Two (2) years of clinical research experience
- Coordinate multi-site or large-scale clinical trials research studies conducted by a supervising principal investigator(s) in support ofactivities that meet objectives of assigned research protocol(s).
- Assesses patients for protocol eligibility and communicates findings to investigator/physician.
- Coordinates the implementation of protocol procedures.
- Operates specialized equipment as needed in assigned area, if applicable.·Assesses and monitors patient responses and adverse reactions; reports same to accountable sources.
- Provides appropriate patient and family education.
- Completes a variety of reports, documents and correspondence for regulatory agencies, participating clinical trial sites andforinternal purposes.