Position SummaryArizona Oncology Associates is looking for a Clinical Research Coordinator. Great opportunity to join a team that focuses on patient care. Located in Sunny Arizona, you will have the ability to enjoy small town living with big city amenities on top of a rewarding work/life balance.
The ideal candidate will have the following background and experience:
- Associate’s degree in a clinical or scientific related discipline desired.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in a clinical or scientific related discipline, preferably in oncology.
- SoCRA or ACRP certification preferred.
- Position is considering all levels of experience
- Under direct supervision of a physician and nurse (if applicable), is responsible for enlisting, maintaining, and assuring protocol compliance for all patients on clinical trials. Collaborates with physician in determining eligibility of patients for clinical trials. Provides education to staff and patients. Ensures site research quality by practicing in compliance with US Oncology Research, Inc. (USOR) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), principles of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and applicable federal, state, and local regulations. Supports and adheres to US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics Business Standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Screens potential patients for protocol eligibility. Presents trial concepts and details to the patients, participates in the informed consent process, and enrolls patients on protocol.
- Coordinates patient care in compliance with protocol requirements. May disburse investigational drug and provide patient teaching regarding administration. Maintains investigational drug accountability.
- In collaboration with the physician, reviews patients for changes in condition, adverse events, concomitant medication use, protocol compliance, response to study drug and thoroughly documents all findings.
- Responsible for accurate and timely data collection, documentation, entry, and reporting. Schedules and participates in monitoring and auditing activities.
- Maintains regulatory documents in accordance with USOR SOP and applicable regulations.
- Participates in required training and education programs. Responsible for education of clinic staff regarding clinical research.
- May collaborate with Research Site Leader in the study selection process.
- Additional responsibilities may include working directly with other (non-USOR) research bases and/or sponsors.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, families, and clinical staff at all time through compliance with all federal, state, and professional regulatory standards as issued through OSHA and the CDC. Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
As the largest cancer practice in Arizona, we are proud to provide advanced and compassionate Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology and Hematologic services. Our physicians and staff incorporate a multidisciplinary, personalized approach to treatment to enhance the patient experience by providing complete care in convenient, community-based locations.
We are proud to provide patients with access to the latest treatments, state-of-the-art technology, and an extensive research program. We believe it is beneficial to patients’ that these therapies are provided in a community setting, because it allows you to remain close to home and to your support system.
Arizona Oncology physicians are supported by talented clinical staff that are sensitive to the needs of cancer patients and their caregivers.
United in Healing with The US Oncology Network
Arizona Oncology is united in healing with The US Oncology Network, one of the nation’s largest community-based cancer treatment and research networks focused on advancing cancer care in America. As an affiliate of The US Oncology Network, Arizona Oncology is united with more than 1,000 physicians and 10,000 cancer professionals nationwide.
Ready For Your Next Career Challenge? We’d Love to Hear from You!
If you possess the above qualifications and a desire to make a difference, we invite you to submit your resume and apply. In addition to a great career opportunity, we offer excellent benefits, a team environment, professional development, and the chance to be part of a nationwide network dedicated to fight the war against cancer.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.