Position SummaryBlue Ridge Cancer Care has an exciting opportunity for a FT Clinical Research Coordinator (or CR Nurse) for the
Roanoke, VA location.
Blue Ridge Cancer Care is an affiliate of The US Oncology Network that extends an extremely competitive offering
of benefits to employees, including Medical Health Care, Dental Care, Vision Plan, 401k, Life Insurance,
Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Wellness and Perks Program.
Come join our growing organization and enjoy knowing that you work for an organization dedicated to making the lives of others better.
- Screens potential patients for protocol eligibility. Presents trial concepts and details to the patients, participates in the informed consent process, and enrolls patients on clinical trials.
- Coordinates patient care in compliance with protocol requirements. May disburse investigational drug. Maintains investigational drug accountability. Oversees the preparation of orders by physicians to assure that protocol compliance is maintained. Packages and ships lab specimens to central vendors where applicable. Required to complete Hazmat and/or IATA training.
- In collaboration with the physician, reviews patients for changes in condition, adverse events, concomitant medication use, protocol compliance, response to study drug and thoroughly documents all findings and participates in data collection of all subjects.
- Responsible for preparing study-related documentation such as protocol worksheets, adverse event reports, institutional review board documents, and annual continuing review reports.
- Maintains regulatory documents in accordance with USOR SOP and applicable regulations. May participate in scheduling monitoring and auditing visits, as well as interact with the monitors/auditors while onsite. May collaborate with Research Site Leader in the study selection process.
- Participates in required training and education programs. May be responsible for education of clinic staff regarding clinical research. Collaborates with staff in the development of action plans and performance improvement opportunities with staff to improve quality.
- May be responsible for compiling and reporting protocol activity, accrual trends, data entry compliance, and research financial information to practice administration and physicians. May be responsible for reviewing protocol specific billing guides and submitting billing information to appropriate personnel.
Minimum Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities):
- Associate's degree in a clinical or scientific related discipline required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in a clinical or scientific related discipline required, preferably in oncology.
- SoCRA or ACRP certification preferred.
Business Experience -
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Experience working with physicians preferred
- Experience working in clinical research is preferred
Specialized Knowledge/Skills -
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to be able to interact with multiple people on many different levels
- Must have a high level of attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- May be responsible for basic clinical assessments
Environment (Office, warehouse, etc.) -
- Traditional office environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medical preparations and other conditions common to an
oncology/hematology clinic environment.
Physical Requirements (Lifting, standing, etc.) -
- Large percent of time performing computer based work is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 lbs. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
(This description is general in nature and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned as needed to meet company goals.)
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.