The Department of Medicine at Keck School of Medicine is looking for a Clinical Research Data Specialist to join its Finance and Administration team. Overall, the successful candidate has interest and previous experience in data entry / management related to clinical trials, has excellent organizational and communicational skills, is able to work independently and in a team.
Duties include but are not limited to the list below:
- Read and understand clinical data from medical records.
- Extract and enter required clinical data from medical records and patient research charts/reports to Clinical Research Forms (eCRFs/CRFs)
- Maintains currency of research regulations including rules concerning reporting and Serious Adverse Events (SAEs) and violations with department training and feedback
- Interfaces with sponsors of externally sponsored trials. Provides timely data entry, plans and organizes monitoring visits and responds to inquires
- Performs follow up for study patient survival by reviewing medical records. Contacts other institutions for data on patients hospitalized at their institutions
- Interacts closely with quality assurance teams to ensure data accuracy on Clinical Research Forms (eCRFs/CRFs) prior to submission for in-house and Cooperative Group studies. Discerns basic data discrepancies/protocol violations.
- Assist in obtaining outside documents and study specimen procurement and handling.
- SIV scheduling
- Monitoring visit scheduling
- Attend new protocol start-up orientations
- Complete protocol specific training
- Assist in preparation of audits
- Ensure confidentiality, accuracy, security and appropriate access of all data and records
- Performs related clerical duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education: Associate’s Degree
Preferred Experience: 1 year
Preferred Field of Expertise: Data entry experience in a healthcare setting
Posting Salary Range: TBD
Percentage of Time: 100%
Minimum Education: Associate's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 6 months
Minimum Field of Expertise: Requires good attention to detail with prior data entry experience. Some knowledge of medical terminology.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:https://wd5.myworkday.com/usc/d/inst/1$9925/9925$42012.htmld