Job Req ID: 193972
Position Number: 00117478
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 1st shift, 40 hours/week M-F, some weekends
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: OPR Levine Children's Hospital
Location: Therapeutic Research and Devel
Location Details: 1628 E. Morehead Street, Charlotte, NC
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
The Clinical Research Nurse evaluates, coordinates, and manages clinical trials and subjects who participate in research protocols throughout Carolinas HealthCare System and with collaborative coordinating research centers. The Clinical Research Nurse coordinates study activities with the Primary Investigator and any Sub-Investigators of clinical studies.
- Recruits, interviews and obtains informed consent from prospective subjects for entrance into clinical trials and studies.
- Coordinators appropriate laboratory tests and other procedures for subjects participating in studies; including drawing blood or collection of other samples.
- Coordinates with Investigational Pharmacy for subjects to receive required drugs.
- Communicates with Sponsored Programs Administration to ensure proper management of charges and billing.
- Coordinates and submits IRB protocols, reports, revisions, updates, approvals.
- Records appropriate clinical and laboratory data on forms provided by the principal investigator(s), federal government, and/or industry sponsors.
- Communicates with study sponsors, federal agencies, principal investigators, and sub-investigators about research projects.
- Provides resources for staff, patients, families. and community regarding research.
- Travels to clinical research sites, hospitals, physician offices, and facilities within Carolinas HealthCare System as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned within department.
Requires ability to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time. Reaching, stooping, bending in file drawers. Lifting, pushing, pulling up to 30 lbs. of weight. Working in fast-paced clinical setting. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch and manual and finger dexterity. Must be able to be mobile within the entire healthcare system and other facilities as required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
NC RN licensure required. BSN preferred. Clinical research experience preferred. BLS HCP certification from AHA required. Certification in clinical research (SoCRA, ACRP) preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer