Hours: 40 a week, 8-5 M-F
The Clinical Research Nurse, under the guidance and supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI), ensures the integrity and quality of clinical trials are maintained and conducted in accordance w/ federal, state, and local regulations, Institutional Review Board (IRB) approvals, and OMRC policies and procedures. This position is primarily responsible for the accurate completion of visit procedures and collection of information from study patients according to protocols, and for protecting the health, safety, and welfare of research participants. In addition, the clinical trial nurse also acts as study coordinator for limited studies.
Providing nursing care to research study patients:
• Ensures compliance with each study’s protocol by providing thorough review and documentation at each subject study visit
• Participates in recruitment and selection of study participants by interviewing and documenting medical history to determine compliance with eligibility requirements
• Performs medical tests, including, but not limited to, vital signs, imaging studies, and electrocardiograms • Administers investigational medications and performs patient assessments during clinic visits to determine presence of side effects; notifies Principle Investigator of findings/issues
• Provides patient education and medical information to study patients to ensure understanding of proper medication dosage, administration, and disease treatment
• Documents medical data in patient chart to capture protocol requirements