Clinical Research Nurse Oncology AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Santa Fe Building (Cancer Center)
9301 W 74th St, Merriam, KS 66204, Suite 100
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Coordination and planning of clinical research and trials budgets in conjunction with director/manager, and people and time management with regards to clinical trial program.
- Protocol evaluation and feasibility including budget evaluation.
- Clinical trial preparation involving the planning, assembling and instruction of the trial team, development and evaluation of patient information and informed consent forms and patient recruitment.
- Regulatory and ethical submissions and procedures and communicating with relevant authorities.
- Implementation of the clinical trial from initiation through the stages of development documents, SOPs, tools, organization facilities and licenses.
- Recruitment and co-ordination of the trial subjects covering informed consent, screening and inclusion of the subjects adhering to safety and compliance issues.
- Co-ordination and management of the clinical trial, communication with sponsor and authorities, visit coordination, sampling, time management and product accountability.
- Data collection and management, collection of source documents, using and developing CRFs, registration and management AEs, filing and archiving, managing monitoring visits, dealing with queries.
- Close-out of the clinical trial, contributing to research article, audit preparation, trial closure, communication with authorities and other disciplines involved, assisting in the final study report and completing financial obligations.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing.
- Current registration with Kansas State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Kansas licensure by endorsement.
- Certification by ACRP or SoCRA or obtain within 3 years of hire.
- Related experience demonstrating the appropriate competencies and skills for the job and clinical setting.
- Research experience including awareness of FDA / OHRP / ICH / GCP Guidelines and relevant state and federal regulatory/statutory guidelines.
Clinical research coordinators and Clinical research nurses focus on the care of research study patients with regard to each study's safety and protocol. They communicate with patients to ensure they maintain informed consent. They ensure all data is accurately documented, such as patient vitals and times medications were administered. They are essential to the operation of the clinical studies and must be available to patients, patients' families and investigators to answer questions at any time. They strive to advocate for their patients while ensuring the integrity of the clinical research study. They will deliver the highest standard of care to all patients involved in clinical trials and, where relevant, their families, in partnership with all members of the multidisciplinary and research teams.
Supports all aspects of medical decision-making pertaining to the recruitment, enrollment, management and retention of individuals in IRB approved clinical trials. Responsible for compliance with the entire scope of good clinical practice, protection of human subjects in research, regulatory compliance set out in FDA, OHRP, HIPPA, state and local regulatory bodies pertaining to the conduct of clinical research. The candidate should possess knowledge and insight into legal and regulatory matters concerning clinical research
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.