Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
MSC is searching for a Clinical Research Pharmacy Coordinator to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH).This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC and it is on-site in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Independently work with pharmacists in the development and/or review of pharmacy specific documents (e.g. Pharmacy Establishment Plans) and standard operating procedures of relevance to Branch activities
- Independently create and maintain a variety of electronic databases for all clinical research site pharmacy information and activities
- Serve as an information resource on use of SharePoint applications and point of contact for resolving user problems
- Independently create quarterly monitoring assignments based on pharmacy and protocol prioritization at clinical research sites for clinical site monitoring
- Review site pharmacy monitoring reports and use the Institute’s web-based clinical site monitoring system to address any issues noted with the site pharmacist until resolution
- Create and track pharmacy special monitoring assignments
- Manage a portfolio of sites in collaboration with a site pharmacist
- Participate in site visits, as needed, to evaluate the facility, equipment, pharmacy personnel, and infrastructure capacity and provide report to the Branch’s federal client
- Create work flow and project management tools to track key milestones and/or identify potential problems associated with the review of Pharmacy Establishment Plans (PEPs) and complex protocols
- Independently review and approve Pharmacy Establishment Plans. This includes interacting with outside stakeholders
- Participate in Division meetings and assist the Branch with coverage for the HIV/AIDS Clinical Trials Networks’ full group meetings and provide summaries as needed.
- Serve as a member of Branch and Office level working groups
- Participate in protocol team or clinical research site conference calls with direction from PAB pharmacist
- Work with Branch pharmacists in the development of protocol specific trainings for site pharmacists, which may include Power Point presentations and Manual of Operations
- Develop, review and revise processes and procedures for Branch operations (e.g. SOPs, work instructions, guidance documents, etc.), in coordination with PAB federal client
- Edit, rewrite, and/or proofread drafts of materials prepared by Branch pharmacists, as needed
- Perform other assignments as required and/or assigned.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician is required
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a related discipline preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of clinical research operations, pharmacy site monitoring, and the development of site establishment and evaluation plans.
- Experience organizing and conducting site visits required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.