Functional area: Commercial
We are looking for people to join the Ironwood team who are committed and focused on creating medicines for patients with GI diseases. We have three innovative assets, including our in-market product, LINZESS® (linaclotide) which was discovered in-house and is the branded prescription market leader in its class.
Ironwood is more than just a company; you will join a group of people who come together with their unique perspectives and talents to create medicines that can improve the lives of patients. You will join a supportive, collaborative group of people who challenge each other to think differently, and to find creative approaches to helping patients. You will join a welcoming environment where equality, diversity, and inclusion are integral to who we are and the values we hold as a company. You will join a company where not only what you do is important but also how you do it is equally as important. We challenge each other respectfully because everyone’s opinion matters and w e believe that the unique attributes and viewpoints of each team member facilitates the development of innovative ideas that can help us to discover and deliver breakthrough therapies for patients.
If you want to help us build the next great pharmaceutical company please apply!
Ironwood takes a science advancing “patient first” approach to business activities. When we say we are patient focused, we mean it. To that end, we are currently seeking experienced sales professionals with an outstanding history of sales performance and high integrity. The ideal candidate will have the passion to educate, a desire to establish value-based customer relationships, and an ability to collaborate with our partner(s) in an effort to improve care for patients. This position will call on gastroenterologists and primary care physicians and will report to a Regional Sales Manager.
- Develop superior product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, and product efficacy/safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- Representative must demonstrate a strong understanding of relevant disease states and possess a solid ability to communicate necessary technical, scientific, and product and disease management information to customers.
- Ability to effectively engage in product discussions in accordance with Ironwood’s selling approach
- Drive sales performance in a compliant manner and work to meet or exceed territory sales goals through execution of regional and national marketing strategies
- Regularly use a variety of analytical tools to understand and evaluate the business in order to best determine how to accomplish sales objectives.
- Work collaboratively with Ironwood personnel and co-promote to achieve common objectives through coordinated selling efforts.
- Provide timely and competent administrative management of work hours, sales call data, customer objectives, communication responses, synchronization, sample management, and travel, meal and other expense reporting.
- Key account management: Total office call
- Understands that a t Ironwood, compliance is an expectation for which we are all held accountable and this philosophy extends to our sales efforts. We seek sales professionals who understand that we operate in a heavily regulated industry, that as an Ironwood employee we are all owners of the company, and that to protect the company that we own we will only sell our products in a manner that complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Ironwood’s Clinical Sales Specialist (CSS) competency model has been crafted in partnership with commercial leadership, the sales team, and those in the field. Taken as a whole, this competency model is designed to enable our CSSs to win the right way in the market and make a positive impact for customers and patients.
Clinical Sales Specialist (CSS) Competencies
Leads, plans and operates as an owner
Understands the business, takes responsibility, and is held accountable for ethical, compliant selling, decision-making, business planning, and implementation which impacts both short- and long-term outcomes.
Maximizes results through collaboration
Has the mindset that collaboration is critical to Ironwood’s success. Actions and behaviors enable one’s team and partners to win. Teams up with others inside and outside of Ironwood to improve personal, team and organizational performance.
Impacts outcomes through trusted customer relationships
Helps improve patient care by understanding customer needs and building trusted long-term relationships.
Influences customer behavior through the Ironwood buying process
Influences customer behaviors by compliantly engaging with our HCPs to help them clearly understand how our products can improve care with the appropriate patients.
Personal leadership and accountability
Demonstrates drive and passion to continuously improve - learns from setbacks, takes on personal development opportunities and accountability and looks for ways to improve.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Associate CSS: Minimum of 1 year of pharmaceutical sales experience
- CSS: Minimum of 4 years of pharmaceutical sales experience
- Senior CSS: Minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical sales experience
- Possess a current and valid driver’s license at all times
- Able to operate a motor vehicle
- Travel over a broad geography
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written); ability to articulate and implement tactical product and territory strategies.
- Specialty sales preferred
- Ability to prioritize tasks, problem solve and work with co-promote partner(s) to make strategic business decisions.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability