Providence is calling a Clinical Secretary (1.0 FTE, Day) to Rehabilitation at Providence Health Services in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking a Clinical Secretary to be responsible for obtaining accurate intake information from patients, scheduling patient treatment appointments and organizing patient files. They must interact with patients, families and staff in a manner that portrays a positive image for the clinic.
In this position you will:
- Ask appropriate questions of referring physicians’ offices, accurately documents diagnosis, and obtains all necessary information.
- Schedule language interpreters for patients when needed.
- Screen referrals appropriately and forwards to outside therapy clinics as appropriate.
- Collaborate directly with providers to ensure adequate charges and diagnostic coding of patient records.
- Collaborates with Business Services on billing practices, rejected bills, and regulatory changes that may affect reimbursement.
- Make phone calls to patients to schedule appointments and those who have missed appointments.
- Answer the phone and direct calls appropriately.
- Attend to the front desk, which is utilized both by patients and hospital visitors.
- Understand and perform billing procedures.
- Assess and adjust interaction to be compatible with the age, growth and development and needs of the customers.
- Assess customers’ level of understanding and adjusts interaction appropriately.