INTERNSHIPS ARE UNPAID AND FOR CREDIT ONLY. YOU MUST BE IN A DEGREE SEEKING PROGRAM TO APPLY.
This position provides quality counseling to children and families who seek such services from Christian Family Care Agency. The counseling services provided are intended to strengthen family life on behalf of children and to provide assistance to hurting people guiding them towards spiritual, emotional and behavioral healing. The counseling intern provides Christ�centered counseling through the demonstration and application of Biblical truth and Christian values.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES�
- Provides counseling services to assigned clients of the Agency.
- Maintains files and records on each client counseled so that complete and accurate information is available at all times.
- Assists in data base management as required.
- Alerts the Director of Clinical Services or designee of any serious concerns involving clients in the Counseling Program. This is particularly important where legal or safety issues may be involved.
- Discuss and establish fees with clients in accordance with CFCA�s guideline for fee structure and obtain the supervisor�s approval for any fee request beneath guideline.
- Discuss and collect insurance information from clients and provide information and necessary follow-up documentation and/or reports to ensure collection of insurance or other resource funding fees in a timely fashion.
- Attends Clinical Meetings and group supervision with the Director of Clinical Services or designee on a bi-monthly basis or as scheduled.
- Attends individual supervision with the Director of Clinical Services or designee as required. Requirements are based upon level of experience, state licensure and professional requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Psychology or other related field and enrollment in an accredited Master�s level Counseling program.�
- At least one year of clinical experience together with experience with children and families is preferred. Knowledge of counseling ethical and legal issues as they apply to child and family counseling is required.�
- Spanish-speaking persons are preferred for this position.��
- Knowledge of counseling practice and theory, specifically in areas of human development, group and individual theory, and systems family therapy is required.�
- This position must model strength of character, Christian values and a healthy relationship with God, themselves and others.�
- This position must also have a good understanding of counseling dynamics and methods in order to effectively counsel clients.