- Listens to callers in a professional manner.
- Resolves administrative concerns as the first line of contact whenever possible.
- Refers callers requesting provider information to Provider Services for each specific health plan.
- Performs triage for decisions not requiring clinical judgment.
- Identifies and responds to crisis calls and continues assistance with the Clinician until the call has been resolved.
- Comprehensively enters patient information into the appropriate database.
- Thoroughly documents customers’ comments/information and forwards required information to the appropriate staff.
- Performs necessary follow-up tasks to ensure member or provider’s needs are completely met.
- Leads or participates in activities as requested that help improve performance, excellence and culture.
- Supports team members and participate in team activities to help build a high-performance team.
- Demonstrates flexibility in areas such as job duties and schedule in order to aid the Clinical Services Center in better serving its members and help Magellan achieve its business and operational goals.
- Assists efforts to continuously improve by assuming responsibility for identifying and bringing to the attention of responsible entities operations problems and/or inefficiencies.
- Remains responsible for updating self on ever changing information to ensure accuracy when dealing with members and providers.
- Performs various other duties and special projects that are assigned by management on a daily basis while performing primary functions.
General Job Information
TitleClinical Services Pharmacy Technician
Job FamilyPharmacy Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date10/19/2018
Date Requisition Created10/19/2018
EducationGED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredCPT - Certified Pharmacy Technician - Pharmacy, PTCB - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board - Pharmacy
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Experience in a Customer Service/Health Care environment preferred.
- Previous experience in call center setting preferred.
- Proficiency in Pharmacy computerized systems and software applications preferred.
- Pharmacy Technician, nationally certified: CPT - Certified Pharmacy Technician – Pharmacy or PTCB - Pharmacy Technician Certification – Pharmacy.
- Ability to identify and trouble-shoot problematic issues.
- Must be able to talk and type simultaneously.
- Must be flexible in scheduling and comfortable with change.
- Ability to use standard corporate software packages and corporate applications.
- Computer Skills: Must be a proficient typist (avg. 35+ WPM) and able to maneuver through various computer platforms while verifying demographic information on all calls.
- Service Delivery Expectations: Must be customer service oriented, meet Magellan’s Service standards in all categories, be a team player, maintain member and provider confidentiality at all times, demonstrate effective problem solving skills, and be punctual and maintain good attendance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Must recognize customer service as an ever-changing environment—this causes one to be flexible in scheduling and having the ability to accept change.
- Responsible for meeting call handling requirements and daily telephone standards as set forth by management.
- Must agree to observing service for the purpose of training and quality control.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.