This role will help further the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Planning and Forecasting pillar of our Supply Chain organization and report to our Lead Supply Chain Planner. The Clinical Supply Chain Planner will be responsible for planning, ordering and expediting raw materials for our internal manufacturing facility in concert with our manufacturing staff and warehouse associates. Additional responsibilities include setting buffer levels, re-order points and accounting for long lead-times, short expiry and market shortage for all material inputs to manufacturing. This role will facilitate logistical and scheduling functions within the planning sector of the Supply Chain organization. The position will also oversee the day-to-day activities to ensure product/drug product intermediates are delivered to the clinical sites, depots, and manufacturing locations. The Clinical Supply Chain Planner will work with internal and external stakeholders to deliver materials on-time and ready for use in further manufacturing or at the clinical sites. Additionally, this role will aid in forecasting and demand planning for finished drug product and input materials, as well as aid the identification, procurement, and building of any systems that will aid in the planning and buying at manufacturing locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This list contains the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform role-related duties other than those contained in this document.
- Support Precision BioSciences’ supply chain planning function from early clinical stages through commercial launch
- Track raw materials from time of purchase to time of receipt and assist the receiving location with any incoming receipt issues/discrepancies
- Identify and communicate any supply delays that may impact manufacturing and/or clinical dosing; proactively resolve/escalate delays
- Collect supply chain data to enable and refine forecasting
- Implement logistic and buying strategies
- Coordinate supply for internal and outsourced activities to ensure timely procurement and distribution of material, including CMO produced drug product intermediates
- Implement restock and re-order levels for critical inputs; monitor inventory levels to avoid excess inventory, inventory shortages and/or inventory expirations
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or life sciences with a preference for a multi-faceted business-science or engineering background; or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in operational roles in the Biopharmaceutical industry
- Skilled in data analytics
- Strong understanding of Quality Systems & conceptual, strategic & analytical problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to interface effectively with all level of the organization, as well as with outside contract organizations
- Working knowledge of cGMP's and pharmaceutical industry procedures and regulations
- Strong personal alignment with Precision BioSciences’ values, mission and vision
- No travel is required for this position
- This is an office-based position located at the main headquarters in downtown Durham, NC and/or manufacturing facility in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Precision BioSciences is dedicated to improving life through its proprietary genome editing platform, “ARCUS.” Precision BioSciences leverages ARCUS in the development of its product candidates which are designed to treat human diseases and create healthy and sustainable food and agriculture solutions. Precision BioSciences is actively developing product candidates in three innovative areas: allogeneic CAR T immunotherapy, in vivo gene correction, and food.
Precision BioSciences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Precision BioSciences complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.