CAREERSTHAT CHANGE LIVES:
TheClinical Territory Manager (CTM) will support the education and training of thecompany's products to Health Care Professionals and patients. They are thefield clinical diabetes experts.
TheDiabetes Group at Medtronic is part of Medtronic plc, the global leader inmedical technology. We are committed to ongoing breakthrough developmentsin leading-edge technology, unrivaled service and support, and uncompromisingleadership. Medtronic is working with the global community to change the waypeople manage diabetes. Together, we will transform diabetes care by expandingaccess, integrating care and improving outcomes, so people with diabetes canenjoy greater freedom and better health.
ADAY IN THE LIFE:
- Educates patients, physicians, nurses, educators, and other health care professionals (HCP's) regarding the importance of intensive management of patients with diabetes using Medtronic Diabetes products.
- Collaborates with sales counterpart to develop and implement territory growth strategy
- Demonstrates products to new patients, consulting with them on therapy options and helping to close the sale via discussions at various training locations including doctor offices, diabetes centers, and occasionally patient homes.
- Trains patients and health care professionals (HPC's) on Medtronic MiniMed's products, operations, and therapy.
- Troubleshoots clinical and technical issues regarding Medtronic MiniMed products and therapy.
- Assists HCP in assessing and managing patient’s Medtronic therapy to help ensure positive outcomes
- Trains physicians and nurses (HCP's) on how to optimize glycemia using standard Blood Glucose (BG) readings and sensor technology.
- Consults and presents to individuals and groups on behalf of Medtronic Diabetes
- Plans, organizes and manages assignments within allotted budget.
- Travels in assigned territory on a regular basis and attends seminars, symposiums and special events as directed.
- Recruits, manages and trains Medtronic Diabetes Certified Pump Trainers (CPT's) within assigned territory, and responsible for managing CPT related expenses.
- Collaborates with other Medtronic Diabetes departments to ensure optimal patient experience
- Participates in ongoing competency development through an array of medium including in-person and web-based training.
- Becomes an integral part of the Sales Team.
MUSTHAVE - MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
TOBE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE BE SURE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AREEVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
- Associates and 4 years clinical experience, or Bachelors with 2 years of clinical experience
- A valid registered license in one or more of the following fields:
Registered Nurse (RN)
Registered Dietitian (RD)
Physicians Assistant (PA)
Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Bachelor Degree Preferred.
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) preferred.
- Prior sales experience.
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand various medical periodicals;
- Ability to professionally write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Maintain professional license(s) within locations of employment;
- Ability to apply critical thinking and demonstrate solution-oriented approach to challenging situations
- Ability to effectively train and present information, as well as respond to questions from groups of medical professionals, clients, and the general public;
- Must demonstrate professional business etiquette and protocol when interfacing with customers, patients and medical professionals
- Ability to apply complex mathematical equations (knowledge of basic algebra and geometry);
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, area, circumference, and volume.
- Strong planning, organization and work prioritization skills.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills to customers, patients co-workers and members of management
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and willingness to learn new platforms.
Together,we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of whattechnology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life.We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday.It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.Wecan accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - butwe will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together toaddress universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shapethe future.
Theabove statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of workbeing performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not anexhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of thisposition.
Thephysical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this jobdescription are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.
Whileperforming the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to beindependently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with acomputer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. The employee mustoccasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilitiesrequired by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception,and ability to adjust focus in relation to travel and operating a personal computer.Travelis required. Must be able to drive approximately 85% of the time withinassigned territory and may require overnight travel. Ability to drive over fourhours consecutively.Musthave a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy. Inaddition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as partof your application.