CAREERS THAT CHANGE LIVES:
The Clinical Territory Manager (CTM) will support the educationand training of the company's products to Health Care Professionals andpatients. They are the field clinical diabetes experts.
DIABETES BUSINESS DESCRIPTION:
The Diabetes Group at Medtronic is part of Medtronic plc, theglobal leader in medical technology. We are committed to ongoingbreakthrough developments in leading-edge technology, unrivaled service andsupport, and uncompromising leadership. Medtronic is working with the globalcommunity to change the way people manage diabetes. Together, we will transformdiabetes care by expanding access, integrating care and improving outcomes, sopeople with diabetes can enjoy greater freedom and better health.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Educates patients, physicians, nurses, educators, and other health care professionals (HCP's) regarding the importance of intensive management of patients with diabetes using Medtronic Diabetes products.
- Collaborates with sales counterpart to develop and implement territory growth strategy
- Demonstrates products to new patients, consulting with them on therapy options and helping to close the sale via discussions at various training locations including doctor offices, diabetes centers, and occasionally patient homes.
- Trains patients and health care professionals (HPC's) on Medtronic MiniMed's products, operations, and therapy.
- Troubleshoots clinical and technical issues regarding Medtronic MiniMed products and therapy.
- Assists HCP in assessing and managing patient’s Medtronic therapy to help ensure positive outcomes
- Trains physicians and nurses (HCP's) on how to optimize glycemia using standard Blood Glucose (BG) readings and sensor technology.
- Consults and presents to individuals and groups on behalf of Medtronic Diabetes
- Plans, organizes and manages assignments within allotted budget.
- Travels in assigned territory on a regular basis and attends seminars, symposiums and special events as directed.
- Recruits, manages and trains Medtronic Diabetes Certified Pump Trainers (CPT's) within assigned territory, and responsible for managing CPT related expenses.
- Collaborates with other Medtronic Diabetes departments to ensure optimal patient experience
- Participates in ongoing competency development through an array of medium including in-person and web-based training.
- Becomes an integral part of the Sales Team.
MUST HAVE - MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE BE SURETHE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS ARE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
- Associates and 4 years clinical experience, or Bachelors with 2 years of clinical experience
- A valid registered license in one or more of the following fields:
·Registered Nurse (RN)
·Registered Dietitian (RD)
·Physicians Assistant (PA)
·Nurse Practitioner (NP)
NICE TO HAVE:
- Bachelor Degree Preferred.
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) preferred.
- Prior sales or industry experience.
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand various medical periodicals;
- Ability to professionally write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Maintain professional license(s) within locations of employment;
- Ability to apply critical thinking and demonstrate solution-oriented approach to challenging situations
- Ability to effectively train and present information, as well as respond to questions from groups of medical professionals, clients, and the general public;
- Must demonstrate professional business etiquette and protocol when interfacing with customers, patients and medical professionals
- Ability to apply complex mathematical equations (knowledge of basic algebra and geometry);
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, area, circumference, and volume.
- Strong planning, organization and work prioritization skills.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills to customers, patients co-workers and members of management
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and willingness to learn new platforms.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. AtMedtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain,restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other tomake tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting andrewarding place to be.We can accelerate and advance our ability to createmeaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on ourteam. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improvepatients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The above statements are intended to describe thegeneral nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to thisposition, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the requiredresponsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within theResponsibilities section of this job description are representative of thosethat must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functionsof this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, theemployee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employeeis also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers andco-workers. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distancevision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in relation to travel andoperating a personal computer.Travel is required. Must be able to driveapproximately 85% of the time within assigned territory and may requireovernight travel. Ability to drive over four hours consecutively.Musthave a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy. Inaddition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as partof your application.