Founded in 1910, Dignity Health - Community Hospital of San Bernardino is a 347-bed, acute care, nonprofit, community hospital located in San Bernardino, California. Known for its programs in maternity care and pediatrics, behavioral health and long-term subacute care for adults and children, the hospital also includes inpatient and outpatient surgery. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/san-bernardino for more information.
The Behavioral Therapist I/Marriage and family Therapists assess, diagnose, and treat individuals, couples, families, and groups to achieve more adequate, satisfying and productive marriage, family, and social adjustment. The Behavior Therapist I provide therapy and services within Behavioral Health Services and hospital policies and procedures. They practice within the confines of education, training and internship, regulation and law. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Community Hospital of San Bernardino. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support Community Hospital of San Bernardino strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality improvement, process, and activities.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in psychiatric setting required
- Masters (MA) Degree in Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Marriage, Family Therapy, Social Work, and Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing required.
- Doctorial degree in Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Marriage, Family Therapy, Social Work, and Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing preferred.
- Valid Marriage and Family Therapist License,California
- 5150 (Involuntary Psychiatric Hold) Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Cardiopulmanary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- Management of Assaultive Behavior Certification required.
- Certification required. Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) certification required within 30 days of hire.