West Virginia University Charleston Campus is seeking applications for a Clinical Toxicology Specialist in the WVU Poison Center.
The position is responsible for:
- Answering calls coming into the emergency lines of the WVPC. Triages those calls according to severity and formulates a poisoning treatment management plan with speed and accuracy. When formulating the management plan, the Clinical Toxicology Specialist uses patient history, interpretation of laboratory data, and the results of mathematical calculation. Maintains thorough and accurate documentation of all poison exposure calls using the Poison Center's on-line data collection system.
- Conducts follow-up calls on all hospital and delected home cases according to established Poison Center Protocols. Enters cases record data for Special Designation cases.
- When not answering calls, works on project pertaining to toxicology and completes continuing toxicology and disaster preparedness education programs and training.
- provides the Administrative Associate with address information for callers with poison prevention education needs.
- Associate's degree in nursing or pharmacy
- Bachelor's or Master's degree preferred.
- Background check
- Active registered nurse or registered pharmacist license (requirement of the American Association of Poison Control Center.
- must pass re-examination of the Certified Specialist in Poison Information Exam given by the American Association of Poison Control Centers (AAPCC) in order to keep this job (requirement of Poison Center Certification.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an
NSFA ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Posting Date: May 15, 2019
Positing Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Schedule: Full-time/ Variable