Job Req ID: 193280
Position Number: 00167682
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: Days M-F
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Transplant - Heart
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Oversees the provision of safe and effective medication therapies through collaboration with the patient�s care team. Reviews provider medication orders for appropriateness. Assists with the strategic planning and implementation of pharmacy initiatives for the Division of Pharmacy and serves as a clinical leader in designated area.
The Transplant Pharmacist is assigned the primary responsibility of providing comprehensive pharmacotherapy care and interventions to transplant recipients and their families in a culturally competent manner. The Transplant Pharmacist works in collaboration with the other members of the multidisciplinary transplant team
The Transplant Pharmacist provides and documents pre-, peri-, and post-transplant related pharmacy services to the solid organ transplant programs
- Retrieves and evaluates relevant biomedical literature, formulates an appropriate response, and provides concise and timely response to drug information requests.
- Uses effective patient education techniques to provide counseling to patients and caregivers.
- Collects information needed to design medication therapy regimens.
- Designs, recommends, monitors, implements and documents patient specific pharmacotherapeutic regimens.
- Participates in the management of medical emergencies.
- Collaborates with clinical pharmacist coordinators to manage the formulary and the medication-use process. Assists in the acquisition of non-formulary, compassionate use, and investigational medications.
- Performs quality assurance and performance improvement of the medication use system.
- Serves as preceptor for pharmacy students and residents. Mentors, trains, and assists with the performance evaluation of pharmacists.
Works primarily in the pharmacy. Delivers medications to nursing units. Requires considerable walking, standing, pushing mobile cart of 50 pounds maximum and lifting 25 pounds of material. May be required to frequently stretch, bend, squat, or kneel to perform job. Utilizes appropriate personal protective equipment to minimize exposure to hazardous agents. Takes necessary precautions to avoid inadvertent needle sticks, minor cuts or bruises. Exposed to various conditions throughout the workday such as walking on hard surfaces, climbing stairs and changes in temperature and humidity. Must be able to perform manipulative skills such as writing, typing, and data entry into the computer and automated dispensing machines. Must have use of both hands, be able to see clearly and read small type such as that on unit-dose medication packages and syringes. Must be able to speak and be understood by others to communicate effectively. Must be able to hear normal sounds with moderate background noises. Involves rotating shifts.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy or Pharm D. from an accredited school of pharmacy required. Licensed in the state of North Carolina or eligible for reciprocity. Pharmacy residency training in the clinical area needed for the position or 2 years' experience as a clinical pharmacist required. PGY1 Residency, PGY2 Residency and cardiology training preferred
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer