Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
Medical Science & Computing is searching for a Clinical Trials Research Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is full-time, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and perform responsibilities related to research participants including:
1. Screening and evaluation of new study subjects.
2. Evaluation of returning participants.
3. Documentation of clinical and research data in databases (i.e NIH research database and company databases).
4. Documentation and reporting of adverse events and serious adverse events.
5. Drug accountability.
- Schedule patient visits including consultations and procedures.
- Obtain informed consent.
- Prepare for and coordinate site visits made by sponsors or study monitors during the course of and at the close of the study.
- Participate in resolution of queries and preparation of site monitoring visit reports.
- Develop and maintain study subject databases; supervise data collection and management including the collection of source documents, using and developing CRFs, and ensuring that they are complete and accurate.
- Contribute to developing educational materials and educate the community and other research professionals regarding studies and related research issues and procedures.
- Manage clinical protocols by assembling and training the study team; overseeing compliance to protocol; developing and adhering to relevant SOPs; managing the quality control, completion and submission of study related documentation.
- Supervise, mentor and train new or junior research staff.
- MS Degree with 1+ years’ experience in addition to current Licensure and/or Certification to practice as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in the state of Maryland
- Experience treating patiens with Chronic Illnesses and/or Inflammatory Diseases is required.
- Family/Pediatric practice experience preferred.
- Skilled in successful patient recruitment for various clinical studies and trials.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Research/clinical background a must.
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.