Title: Clinician – Malaria Vaccine Human Clinical Studies (Part-time)
Job Location: Silver Spring, MD
Odyssey Systems is seeking a Clinician - Malaria Vaccine Human Clinical Studies (Part-time) to support the Malaria Vaccine Research program for the Malaria Vaccine Program at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research to assist in the conduct of clinical studies to test and evaluate the immunogenicity and efficacy of malaria vaccine candidates.
*** This is a forecasted position and it is contingent upon contract award. ***
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Develop and seek approval for human use protocols for the testing of malaria vaccines
- Interface with regulatory agencies to include the FDA, IRB, and HSPB for the proper planning and execution of clinical trials
- Plan and execute human use protocols for the testing of malaria vaccines
- Ensure that all clinical studies are performed in a safe and ethical manner as defined by the regulatory agencies
- Collect and analyze human trial data to determine the efficacy of malaria vaccines
- Assist with the testing of malaria vaccines in human clinical trials
- Properly document results in a laboratory notebook and assist in writing manuscripts
- Support a safe workplace ensuring awareness of and observing appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations.
- 5+ years of experience
- Knowledge of planning and execution of human clinical studies.
- Prior development of Malaria Vaccine (or similar) human clinical studies
- Additional Information:
- US Citizenship required
- National Agency Clearance and Inquiries (NACI)
- Travel may be required
Availability of positions is contingent upon contract award.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Gym Memberships
- Paid Holidays
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid sick days
- Life Insurance
- Military Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Professional Development