Weichert Title Company is hiring a Closing Team Leader in their Morris Plains, NJ Office. The Closing Team Leader is responsible for directing and overseeing the daily operations of assigned teams within the New Jersey Settlement Service operations. This includes processing, settlement and post-closing to ensure Company objectives are achieved. The position oversees all quality, compliance and customer satisfaction of all closing files for their assigned pipeline.
- Oversees Transaction Coordinator Teams and provides effective methods in its business operations. Acts as the primary point of contact for daily operational issues or concerns.
- Evaluates current procedures and practices for accomplishing department objectives. Develops, implements, and ensures compliance with improved procedures and practices.
- Coordinates communication between departments to ensure consistent adherence to policies and procedures.
- Responsible for developing, coaching, and mentoring staff, measuring their performance, and addressing issues immediately.
- Evaluates the staff's production on a daily basis, taking a proactive approach in coaching or training members of the team to improve their skills to meet department objectives. Performs quality and quantity control for each team member.
- Reviews and manages the closing pipeline using reports and metrics from pre-closing to completion of the post-closing process. Monitors the successful final preparation for all closings including documentation, file management, and HUD/Closing Disclosure preparation.
- Set achievable and motivational closing goals by team to drive superior performance
- Maintain file allocations between teams balanced on a daily basis
- Partner with Cash Management and Banking teams to clear all banking related exceptions.
- Support company efforts to build and maintains a multi-faceted closing network throughout New Jersey so that closing support needs can be met at all times.
- Manages the on-boarding process for all customers, overall customer relationship management, and the processing of all orders.
- Addresses escalated issues and provides problem resolution timely and professionally.
- Partner with Account Executives and Sales leadership to enhance client relationships.
- Adheres to compliance standards set forth by the company and our underwriters.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Title insurance license required
- A minimum of five (5) years of settlement and closing experience strongly preferred
- Previous management experience in a title insurance capacity required
- Knowledge of current HUD/Closing Disclosure requirements
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong people management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products. Strong oral and written communications skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.