Rolling Meadows, IL
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The cloud administrator will act as subject matter expert on cloud setup, hosting and managing applications, platform and services at an enterprise level. Successful candidates will have basic ability to manage, backup and secure MS SQL Databases, and must be able to guide the resolution of complex technical issues. Candidate must demonstrate ability to employ various IT security tools and threat protection best practices to meet compliance standards such as the FBI CJIS Security Policy
50%: Setup and maintain Microsoft Azure Government Cloud environments.
- Configure and maintain SaaS, PaaS, IaaS components in the Microsoft Azure Government Cloud.
- Setup single/multi tenancy in the Azure cloud to meet customer requirements. May also support local deployments of Azure Stack.
- Detect, prevent and mitigate information security events in the cloud.
- Troubleshoot and optimize performance and connectivity issues for hosted applications.
- Manage MS SQL backup and restore across all environments.
15%: Cloud service maintenance and system incident risk monitoring planning.
- Create cloud service policy and maintenance plan in alignment with best practices
- Design the team organization plan and human resource plan and environments plan with other business and engineering managers.
- Design and implement cloud administration and monitoring processes.
10%: Analyze current cloud implementation, identify gaps and design improvement plans.
- Analyze gaps between existing implementation and the cloud service policy, maintenance plans and industry best practices.
- Create continuous improvement plans in cooperation with business managers, engineering managers and factory representatives.
10%: Escalated Issues from Tier #2 and Tier #3 (Technical Support).
- Understanding of incident management and incident handling protocols
- Resolve customer problems that are escalated from the help desk and field service team.
- Update knowledge base through Sugar CRM
- Find common issues coming up from support team, factory and other 3RD party partners and update the team on a regular basis
- Maintain a high level of product and industry knowledge to assure optimum product and customer support.
- Maintain detailed records and billable services reports.
5%: Investigation and Escalation
- Escalate all customer issues and problems with engineering and factory while providing customer timely feedback on progress of their issues and maintaining records of all escalated problems.
- Document and share newly found information or trouble shooting techniques with other hotline, engineering, technical service managers and field service teams.
5%: Policy Creation and Compliance
- Support ongoing development and maintenance of internal (business unit level) information security policies.
- Lead internal (business unit level) IT audits and testing to ensure compliance with information security polices and best practices.
Education & Experience:
- Excellent knowledge of network technology including as TCP/IP, UDP, MAC addresses, Active Directory, SMTP, IP packets, DNS, ACLs, routing tables, VPN, load balancing and bandwidth allocation.
- Must have experience with Azure performance monitoring tools such as Resource Manager, Application Insights, or similar technologies
- At least 3 years of experience in managing and securing cloud environments in different service models (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, technical degree or equivalent technical training and experience including industry certifications.
- Preference given to those with a master’s degree and/or Azure certification
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must communicate at all levels within Panasonic and outside companies.
- Public Safety, Law Enforcement, Military or National Security experience is preferred
- Must be able to successfully complete a background investigation as applicable for the FBI CJIS Security Policy and other security requirements.