Veritude is seeking a Senior Data Cloud Engineer for Fidelity Investments. This position is based in Boston, MA.
Senior Data Cloud Engineer
Build a data platform to support Asset Management’s data analytics and discovery needs. If you have a passion for working with data using multiple emerging technologies on the cloud, this might be the right opportunity for you!
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Experience in building data lake in AWS leveraging technologies like EMR, EC2, S3, Lambda etc.
- Expertise in building data movement pipelines using tools like Informatica BDM.
- Experience in Snowflake database.
- Exposure to Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Presto etc.)
- Exposure to release automation and deployment (Jenkins, CloudFormation, Chef etc.)
- Good understanding of overall AWS security services like KMS, IAM etc.
- Experience in database (Oracle), ETL tools and application development
- At least 6 years of software development experience with at least 3 years working on cloud/big data technologies
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent experience
The Purpose of Your Role
The Senior Cloud Engineer/Developer will be working as part of a core team building the discovery and analytics platform for Asset Management. This will involve building a data lake using Snowflake as the data store for structured data and AWS S3 for unstructured data.
The Skills You Bring
- You have hands on experience building data lake on AWS sourcing data from heterogeneous sources
- You enjoy working on different technologies to solve business problems
- You have good programming skills (Python, Java, Scala etc.) and also have good Oracle SQL and PL/SQL skills.
- You enjoy learning new technologies, data analysis, identifying data patterns and trends
- You can independently figure out technical challenges, identify options and come up with innovative solutions
- You have good communication skills
The Value You Deliver
- Technical expertise in building our next generation data platform on AWS
- Building quality solutions that align with the technology blueprint and best practices to solve business problems by driving design, development and ongoing support.
- Work with our global team and provide technical direction in building solutions.
- Actively participating in knowledge sharing sessions, code and design reviews etc.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Asset Management Technology (AMT) provides worldwide technology and support to all the Investment Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. AMT is an integral partner for Asset Management to deliver innovative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enable Asset Management to achieve competitive advantage globally.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.