At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
- Be part of a dynamic team focused on developing and delivering the DevOps practice at Northwestern Mutual.
- The focus of this leadership position is on delivering value, developing teams and leading change in the organization toward a DevOps culture
- Set a compelling vision for the team, measure and adapt to results through quantitative and qualitative measures of value, outcome, velocity, engagement, and satisfaction.
- Clarify objectives and remove obstacles and barriers that prevent the team and organization from achieving results
- Develop, implement, and promote agile / lean best practice standards including the use of tools and automation
- Support and advocate an agile / lean culture where self-organizing teams develop solutions
- Develop and grow the team through training, mentoring, and coaching in your team and across the technology organization
Bring Your Best! What this role needs
- Strong customer relationship skills and ability to handle customer concerns
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical teams and non-technical teams
- Minimum 3 years' experience planning, organizing and managing activities of others as direct reports or project teams
- Experience managing exceptional engineers
- Experience with engineering full software development lifecycle best practices including requirement gathering, design, testing, implementation and support
- Experience with modern infrastructure as code technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Packer
- Experience with modern CI/CD pipeline technologies involving git repositories, static code analysis, test driven development etc. Some examples are SonarQube, Jenkins, GitLab CI, Maven, Gradle, JSLint
- Experience in at least one public loud environments, preferably AWS
- A passion for keeping up on new technologies that could benefits like serverless, machine learning, blockchain, others
- Staying up to speed on technology changes within our organization.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze a business process/workflow, identify bottlenecks, improve the flow
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements
- Flexibility, ability to manage multiple priorities and ability to handle ambiguity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Req ID: 25326
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Desired
Employment Experience: 3-5 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 05/20/2019