We are seeking a talented Cloud Engineer to join Newwave’s Cloud Services practice area unit and work with the bleeding edge of Cloud Tech and of course some of the best Cloud Architects and Cloud Engineers in the market. We need an individual who is passionate about technology, has strong technical skills, and an ability to field solutions for various systems, and projects while working within the constraints of various regulatorily and compliance frameworks.
The Cloud Engineer is a very hands-on individual. They will assist other team members in the deployment of environments for our customers. They will have opportunities to be involved at all stages of a project - covering requirements capture and assessment, cloud services deployment, security and compliance, systems engineering and operational readiness. They will bring not only knowledge of core Cloud services but experience performing systems engineering tasks as part of a project team.
- Support the full project lifecycle - to include any of: consulting, discovery, analysis, architecture, design, documentation, building, migration, automation and production-readiness activities
- Produce high-quality technical design, build and procedure documentation
- Support project engagements, work collaboratively with other team members, communicate effectively, and foster team success
- Jump into complex troubleshooting efforts when asked and as needed
- Stay apprised and familiar with new cloud services and government adoption roadmap
- 5 – 7 years overall experience
- Preferred certification of AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional
- 2+ years leveraging Azure and AWS platform services in a hands-on capacity
- Bachelor's Degree required, or additional 4 years of relevant Information Technology experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Experience assessing, deploying, configuring, testing and operating AWS services
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of AWS services and standard, best practice configurations, including EC2, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFront, Route53, CloudWatch, KMS, Redshift, S3 and Glacier, Kinesis
- Hands-on, day to day experience with Window and UNIX/Linux system administration, including knowledge in shell scripting and DNS
- Advanced troubleshooting skills including analyzing log & trace files, opening service requests, collecting documentation, working with Vendors, and driving problem resolution.
- Ability to coordinate COTS product installations, configurations and upgrades, with application owners, Project Lead and Project Manager
- Ability to create well-written documentation and procedures
- Experience with AWS data services (e.g.: Redshift, EMR) or RDBMS (e.g.: SQL Server, Oracle) preferred
- Experience with infrastructure configuration management tool (e.g.: Chef, Puppet) desired but not required
- Experience working in a customer-facing or consultant capacity preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Azure Resource Management templates, Virtual Networks, Storage, Virtual Machines, and Azure Active Directory
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- High Energy Levels. Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
NewWave is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. NewWave is a proud Veteran friendly employer.