Veritude is hiring a Cloud Engineer at Fidelity Investments in Boston, MA.
We are looking for a strong Cloud Engineer and leader that has a passion for cloud-based platforms and an interest in providing mentorship and relationship management to support development teams’ migration onto the cloud. This multi-year program will aid in transformation towards a fully cloud-enabled business unit by 2022.
As a member of the Cloud Enablement workstream you will provide technical and subject-matter expertise through full-stack support to developers using our Cloud Foundations Pipelines. As a developer, you will balance your own suite of migration engagements and work collaboratively with other Migration Augmentation team members.
The Expertise You Have
- 7+ years’ experience delivering applications and services in a distributed environment.
- Full-stack development experience using Java, Tomcat, Spring, Angular and database platforms with strong debugging and performance tuning acumen.
- Hands-on implementation experience with scripting languages (e.g. bash, Unix, Python, JSON, Chef, Ansible).
- Detailed knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management Tools (e.g. Stash, Jenkins, uDeploy) and proven familiarity with foundational cloud elements (Concourse, Cloud Formation, Containers).
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Service capabilities (AWS Certification is recommended and/or preferred).
- Strong technical acumen with a strategic and innovative attitude and an ability to prioritize concurrently.
The Skills You Bring
- An ability to set and implement clear goals with the application migration process as an escalation point for consolidating issues, questions or technical challenges associated with migration development activities.
- Expertise in agile/scrum comprehension with a passion for perfection, innovation and collaboration; eager to learn and adapt every day.
- Critical thinking with focus on delivery execution, the quality of outcomes and a validated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and deadline-driven environment.
- Coordination of your work through strong interpersonal, influencing and relationship management skills.
- Efficiency in solving challenging problems with a high degree of ownership and accountability for results.
The Value You Deliver
- Strong technical skills and deep solving hands-on skills, emphasizing technology leadership with a delivery focus in collaboration with AMT’s development teams.
- Act as a liaison between development teams and Cloud Enablement coordinators to represent and balance migration progress and assist in the elimination of roadblocks encountered through “wave” migration.
- Provide support to the Cloud Engagement Coordinator in planning, prioritization and sequence of migrations to cloud-based infrastructure with an emphasis on US-based development teams and platforms through a sequence of achievements.
- Foster an outstanding delivery team and developer experience through training, mentorship, best practices, on-boarding and hands-on development in support of reaching our goals.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in crafting and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.