Cloud Engineer – Linux
Des Moines, IA
Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing firm, has a Cloud Engineer – Linux open to be responsible for the technical design efforts of enterprise cloud systems for integrated public/private cloud infrastructure platforms. Technical skills include: Linux, Java, HTTP, VMWare. Preferred skills include: Json, YUM.
Applicants must have Linux experience. If interested, send a resume to Hunter Vogt, our infrastructure-focused Recruiter in Des Moines, via email@example.com
Overview of position:
- In collaboration with engineers and administrators, responsible for the technical design efforts of enterprise cloud systems for integrated public/private cloud infrastructure platforms.
- Continuously look to optimize security, automation, and system performance/availability, while ensuring solutions developed adhere and align to the architecture standards.
- Serve as a technical expert and resource for engineering and project teams in the execution of deliverables.
- Will work cross functionally with business stakeholders and technology resources in technical planning and system delivery.
- Linux Operating system, installing, provisioning, and upgrading.
- Patch deployment using YUM or some type of patch management software.
- Scripting skill – Bash, Java, Some experience with Json, perl, python
- Change Management / some type of ticketing system to receive leadership approval making system configuration changes.
- Knowledge of various protocols, Ldap, HTTP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP
- VMWare provisioning and management.
- Disaster Recovery – Linux
- Create Architecture diagrams
*Please note that as a contract employee with Apex Systems, you'd be eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts/Perks and our Referral Program.*
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178