Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Cloud Engineer to work at Fidelity in Durham, NC!
The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of experience in development and deployment of APIs/RESTful services
- A deep understanding of Microservices, Service-oriented and Event driven architectures.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience using one or more cloud platforms like Azure, AWS and GCP. Azure is preferred.
- Proven hands-on experience with latest technologies like Docker containers, Kubernetes, Serverless etc.
- Desire/ability to learn and implement new technologies.
The Skills You Bring
- Expertise in building and working with APIs/RESTful services
- Strong understanding of the cloud computing and experience in migrating applications to the cloud
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Helm etc.
- Experience with creating CI/CD pipeline using Azure DevOps and/or Jenkins.
- Experience creating infrastructure as code to provision cloud resources using ARM templates, Terraform etc.
- Working knowledge of application development with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Expertise in Agile development methodology with exposure to play Full-Stack engineer role in a Scrum team.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities
The Value You Deliver
- Use business knowledge to translate the vision for divisional initiatives into business solutions by developing complex or multiple software applications.
- Work independently with minimal guidance from architect and management.
- Work with project manager to ensure that assigned work is completed efficiently, meets business requirements, stays within scope, and is delivered on time.
- Develop code, unit tests, integration tests and functional tests etc. for software applications.
- Define/code build definition and deployment pipelines.
- Create ARM template for Azure resource creation.
- Create various architectural diagrams to articulate technical designs.
- Participate in requirements gathering and scope estimation meetings.
- Participate in functional/technical group discussions with analysts and developers under minimal supervision
- Recommend development testing tools and methodologies and reviews and validates test plans.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor junior resources on the team.
- Work closely with fellow developers, both onshore and offshore
At Fidelity, you can find it all here. We reward ambitious, passionate individuals with a work environment that fosters diversity, teamwork and collaboration as well as encourages innovative ideas and fresh thinking. We recognize the value that employees’ individual differences can contribute to the bright and strong future of our company.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skillset and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.