Were not in the shipping business; were in the information business -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 17,000trained professionals
- 300 locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Responsible for working with multiple teams to define and support cloud infrastructure to provide development groups with a secure and standard environment for development and production workloads. Workas an intermediary between development and infrastructure teams to recommend solutions that are sustainable for all parties.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determining roles and permissions for different teams that will allow them to perform their responsibilities while maintaining a least privilege model. Automating and managing roles, permissions and key infrastructure to provide access to cloud resources.
- Define and manage asset partitioning e.g. Subscriptions and Resource Groups. Maintaining segregation across partitions and working with groups to navigate resource usages across partitions.
- Educate teams on best practices in regards to deploying and maintaining cloud assets. Working with infrastructure teams to determine location and configuration of assets in an effort to combine resources and reduce costs. Assisting development groups with navigating cloud infrastructure and utilizing assets.
- Research and review industry's latest solutions in various technology spaces related to cloud (Virtualization, Containerization, Backup Strategies, etc.) and provide recommendations to continuously improve performance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 6 years of IT infrastructure administration.
- Extensive programming language experience (Shell, Python, PowerShell)
- Experience with Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with automation, Git and continuous delivery
- Practiced in designing and implementing business continuity/ disaster recovery and high availability plans.
- Good troubleshooting aptitude.
Successful candidates must complete a background check.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits for full time employees:
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Key words: Cloud, Azure, AWS, GCP, Automation, Scripting