The Cloud and Network Security Engineer will work closely with other network security engineers, data center networking engineers, cloud providers and internal/external customers to provide and maintain on/off cloud security solutions.
The individual must have worked in an Enterprise Environment that includes experience in large scale private and public cloud security to protect virtualized workloads. This position requires hands on experience and ability to test/validate, troubleshoot and implement cloud based solutions in next generation network environments managing security technology.
- Minimum of five (5) years supporting Network Environments
- Minimum of two (2) years technical experience with public cloud support as well as large server and application deployments on virtualized and containerized platforms.
- Experience working in GCP, AWS, PCF, Azure, or other cloud-based technologies
- Firewall and Load Balancing technology experience; Palo Alto, Check Point, Fortinet, F5, Citrix Netscaler, etc
- Familiarity with Terraform, Ansible, Salt or similar automation tools are a benefit as we drive towards Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Experience with SCM and DevOps tool suites; examples include Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Jenkins, Concourse etc.
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum, experience adopting or leading continuous integration and continuous delivery concepts and frameworks
- Strong understanding of application, server, and network security
- Requires excellent problem solving and analytic skills to effectively address the needs of customers, including experience handling problem escalations and notifications.
- Must possess strong communication skills (oral and written) and technical understanding to take complex technical concepts and present them to a range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently during on-call support
- Self-motivated, solutions oriented and pro-active.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field OR related practical experience
- Programming / Scripting background with knowledge of Python, REST API and PERL is a plus
- Automation / Orchestration experience in a networked environment is a plus
- Experience troubleshooting with log aggregators like Splunk desired.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Visio and/or NetBrain for generating network diagrams.
- Experience in the Financial Services industry is a plus