Requisition ID: 78584
The Cloud Platform Developer plays a pivotal role in Kiewit Technology Groups’ ongoing digital transformation. They are responsible for envisioning, creating and continually improving the cloud platform foundations that our teams build upon. Cloud Platform Developers work closely with development and operations teams to create and evolve the cutting-edge tools that leverage PaaS features of the cloud, manage the deployment of cloud-native apps and the continuous delivery pipelines that support them.
District Overview: Kiewit Technology Group’s (KTG) mission is to deliver project schedule and cost certainty by employing technology designed by and for the construction industry. Our team deploys apps to the field that increase profitability by maximizing the way we use our people and resources in daily operations. KTG uses the Kiewit Management System (KMS), which includes systems and tools that manage every part of Kiewit’s business and lifecycle of a project, to improve planning and day-to-day execution in the field by giving our people real-time data to make faster, smarter decisions. Every day our employees make an impact the efficiency of the iconic projects Kiewit builds and you can too.
Location: 12720 I Street, Omaha, NE 68137
• Ability to design and implement cloud platform environments (PaaS) in Azure such as App Service Environments v2, Azure Websites, and Azure Functions to solve current challenges, as well as creating future opportunities.
• Release Management and automated deployment to Azure cloud services.
• Help establish and maintain the vision and roadmap for Kiewit’s cloud platform.
• Provide forward-thinking technology leadership in developing innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on continual improvement in automating our infrastructure and software release processes.
• Provide governance for our Azure IaaS and PaaS environments.
• Stay current with cloud technology and trends and optimize our cloud infrastructure for Kiewit’s evolving needs.
• Help design disaster recovery and/or comprehensive redundancy for PaaS applications
• Work with other Architects and Data Center Operations on the design of new application architecture opportunities ensuring automation and DevOps is a top priority in the release and deployment cycle
• Facilitate proper integration between custom built in-house applications and purchased software.
• Mentor junior technology team members in best practices, technical options, and expediting technical solutions.
• Ability to lead, influence and motivate the organization to achieve results
• Document and communicate complex concepts effectively to a diverse group of stakeholders.
• B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or MIS a plus
• Microsoft Azure certifications a plus
• Experience with Cloud PaaS or CaaS services such as Azure App Service Environments, Azure App Service Plans; Container Serverless Computing concepts such as Functions, etc. and architect an infrastructure solution to ensure interoperability between these components
• 3 years of software development experience, preferably including .NET. Experience in writing 12 -factor, cloud-native applications.
• 1 year of experience with release automation tools such as Visual Studio Team Services/Azure Devops, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, etc. and Infrastructure as Code tools such as Azure Resource Manager Templates, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
• 1 year experience designing, developing, implementing and operating cloud infrastructure environments of significant complexity in one of the three major cloud providers: Azure, AWS or GCP, or with container platforms such as Docker Enterprise or Kubernetes.
• Understanding of Continuous Delivery and DevOps principles and techniques such as Blue/Green deployments, rolling deployments, etc. and experience implementing them in a cloud environment
• Familiarity with Agile development principles
• Previous experience aligning technology roadmaps with business goals and initiatives.
• Proven ability to develop great relationships with co-workers, credibility with leadership, and rapport for getting things done with stakeholders.
• Experience selecting technology solutions that meet requirements, are cost-conscious, and align with Kiewit's technology goals and roadmap.
• Experience with multiple relational and NO SQL databases
• Ability to set technical direction for a project or application
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment:Cloud, Developer, Engineer, Computer Science, Database, Technology, Engineering