Job DescriptionJob #: 1040337
Title: Cloud Security Engineer
Duration: 6 month contact
If interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is for a SR. IT Security Specialist - Cloud Engineer with a strong background in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure and Linux/Windows. The Cloud Engineer will take a lead role in the review and implementation of both existing configuration of deployed AWS solutions as well new implementations of both AWS and Azure.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to) the following:
• Knowledge of and experience configuring effective AWS user, security, and networking configurations
• Familiarity with Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, CloudFormation, RDS, CloudFront, VPC, Route53, IAM, CloudWatch, Beanstalk, Lambda, etc.
• Familiarity with Azure Cloud Services: Azure Virtual Machines, Virtual Machine Scale Sets, Azure Container Service, Azure Storage, Azure Storage Accounts (NSG), Azure Site Recovery(ASR), Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Content Delivery Network, Virtual Network, Azure DNS, IAM, Azure Monitor, Web and API Apps, Azure Functions, etc.
• Expertise in Linux and Windows systems administration
• A detailed understanding of core network protocols and services (TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, REST/SOAP, FTPS/SFTP, DNS, SSL, firewalls, load balancers)
• Good scripting skills in Azure PowerShell, Azure CLI, perl, python or bash
• Experience scripting against APIs
• Application performance monitoring (Splunk, Nagios, Cacti, New Relic, AlrtSite, Azure Application Insights)
• CISSP / CCSP certifications are a plus.
• Crosstrain on all other deployed security platforms to gain proficiencies in those tools and platforms and how they can be extended to cloud platforms.
• Work with application teams on remediation of identified security issues.
• Provide engineering capabilities for implementations of new capabilities
• Provide recommendations regarding direction of systems and applications to help secure access, data and assets.
• Work with IT Security product vendors and service providers, to evaluate potential security offerings, including product evaluations, pilots and proof of concept installations
• Leverage a wide range of security technologies including, but not limited to: logical access controls, identity and access management, LDAP, security incident response, privileged access management, database and system monitoring, end user password management and single sign on systems as well as network device integration and endpoint security tooling.
• Ability to understand and troubleshoot system configuration on Windows and Linux, network configurations and upgrades, user authentication, AD integration and various Cloud technologies.
• Ability to work well with other technology areas to deploy security technologies.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge & Experience
• 3 years or more of experience in a large production IT environment administering and supporting multiple medium to small size applications.
• Significant Experience with deploying, auditing and security cloud deployments, specifically within AWS and Azure.
• Knowledge of IT security around ID access, data protection, system\application monitoring, system and application access and how to apply security principles effectively in a cloud environment.
• Experience with large application support and change management.
• Working Knowledge of Windows and Linux.
• Significant Experience with rollout of new technologies
• Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience preferred.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.