SAIC has an immediate opening for a Cloud and Software Defined Networking (SDN) Engineer. The engineer will design and implement the enhancements and future capabilities for the architecture for future mission support capability. In this role you will define, plan, and support the execution of the evolution of the current capability to enhanced and expanded network infrastructures. You will use various global cloud capabilities and software based networking capabilities in order to provide the best possible managed attribution network infrastructure to support the variety of classified to unclassified internet facing missions. Specifically, you will have to work w/ the current operational elements, engineering and infrastructure staff and the design team to define the underlying infrastructure use of cloud technologies and SN capabilities for the enhanced and newly designed networks.
- 5-6+ years or experience in enterprise level Cloud design and implementation
- Minimum of 9 years of relevant experience
- Experience with multiple Cloud vendors (AWS, Azure, Google) in building and maintaining reliable infrastructure and security services
- Knowledge of technologies surrounding Enterprise Switches and Routers connecting to Cloud applications and cloud networking technologies in the areas of SDN, NFV, SD-WAN
- Experience in Linux system administration and systems management
- Experience in designing virtualized compute environments utilizing VMware, OpenStack, etc.
- Development experience with cloud platforms, orchestration, and VNF managers
- Excellent communication and relationship skills, especially the ability to articulate advanced technical topics to both technical and non-technical staff
- Strong presentation skills
- Must hold a current TS/SCI with Poly
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline
- Must apply out of the box thinking about creative ways to use the cloud services and SDN services to provide the best infrastructure options
- Experience in Cyber Engineering, Analysis, CNE, Virtual Operations, or other intelligence cyber collection or useSAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability