Club J Director
Marcus JCC of Atlanta
5342 Tilly Mill Rd
Dunwoody, GA 30338
The Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta is seeking Director for Club J, its premier after-school program for grades pre-k through five. The program has 200+ kids annually with 30+ part-time staff. The ideal candidate needs to be able to create, implement and manage an elementary aged after-school program. The position requires energy, creativity, professionalism and willingness to work with a group of people towards the common goal of creating an outstanding after-school program.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Create, implement and manage all aspects of a premier five day a week after-school program
- Exercise exceptional judgment regarding policies, procedures and the well-being of all children within the care of Club J
- Provide excellent customer service to parents and constituents
- Oversee staff recruitment, interviewing, hiring, retention and management
- Manage staff schedules, payroll information, performance reviews, counseling and development
- Review, manage, and revise curriculum as needed with focus on identifying opportunities for integrating experiential programs to educate on Jewish holidays and values.
- Identify outreach opportunities in our community and work together with marketing on an annual marketing plan.
- Identify opportunities for growing the program beyond the Dunwoody campus through potential partnerships and develop appropriate business plan for specific growth opportunities.
- Purchase and acquire all equipment and materials for the program
- Manage program budget and maintain accurate receipts for all purchases
- Manage and oversee program registration process
- Ensure the procedures for parent pickup are easy and convenient and identify opportunities for efficiencies or process improvement as it relates to pickup
- Coordinate children's additional activities throughout the MJCCA
- Communicate directly and timely to parents with behavioral concerns and keep behavior logs up to date
- Ensure that the children are safe and accounted for during all transition times both within Club J as well as around the MJCCA
- Create a Club J Committee to ensure ample parent feedback
- Plan and implement staff training and orientation
- Organize all bus transportation for daily offsite school pickup
- Manage and oversee participant's special needs such as allergies, medical concerns, food restrictions, etc.
- Maintain standards that are compliant with Bright from the Start certification rules and regulations (Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning)
- Ensure all mandatory paperwork is filed for each child before the start of Club J
- Supervise the Club J Assistant Director
- Adhere to the Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta policies and procedures
- Maintain and update personal knowledge of national trends regarding childcare and health issues
Education & Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working with children, youth, or informal education (camp, youth group, etc.)
Additional Job Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and management skills
- Detail oriented and extremely organized
- Self-starter and resourceful
- Ability to mentor and lead
- Ability to multi-task and works well under stress
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher
- Knowledge of Jewish values and culture
- Experience with informal Jewish educational programming such as Jewish overnight camp is a plus
- Experience in Judaic programming preferred, including ability to lead Shabbat programming on Fridays
Impacting more than 55,000 people annually, the Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta is welcoming to people of all faiths, ages, and backgrounds. One hundred years ago, Jews with vastly fewer resources than today built a Jewish Community Center in Atlanta. With little more than their passion for a better life, they built a safe, secure, and vibrant community center for their families and for all of the Jewish Atlanta families who followed.
The MJCCA has always given the community a place to gather and connect with friends and family through meaningful programs and much-needed services. For 100 years, the MJCCA has turned everyday minutes into Jewish moments that are remembered for a lifetime.