Foxtrot is the digitally native evolution of the corner store – a one-stop shop for those seeking thoughtful curation that’s a reflection of themselves and their city – offering a curated collection of daily essentials in-store and delivered in under an hour.
Venture-backed by investors including Fifth Wall, Lerer Hippeau, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest, and Collaborative, to name a few, Foxtrot is building a truly omnichannel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our spaces offer all the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes – beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of freshly brewed coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day – while bringing together mindful people, brands and goods to create a community of discovery and joy.
Our e-commerce experience – highlighted by our swift app and online store – is powered by our proprietary inventory and operational technology to deliver a new kind of convenience that brings the store to your door in under an hour.
Since launching our native app in 2013, we now operate a robust e-commerce business alongside retail stores in Chicago and Dallas, and are rapidly scaling to take this first-of-its-kind omnichannel brand nationwide.
About the Role
Foxtrot is seeking a Cluster General Manager, responsible for leading the overall operations of two Chicago retail stores, including people recruiting, hiring, on-boarding & training, managing financials & driving performance, and ensuring our teams are consistently delivering incredible guest service through product knowledge & hospitality.
- Hire, on-board, train, coach, counsel & mentor AGMs and Store Team Members to ensure all aspects of service meet (or exceed!) Foxtrot standards and wow our guests.
- Create a fun & engaging work experience for all team members.
- Oversee scheduling and payroll, within guidelines.
- Operations & Financial Management.
- Oversee all operational aspects of assigned stores, by keeping up to date on knowledge of products, promotions, & procedures. Recommend improvements, from experience, in partnership with partners on HQ team.
- Prepare reports & develop action plans to address changing trends, in partnership with HQ teams.
- Track, monitor & report on cost control procedures for food, labor, and inventory in each store, and be on-the-ready to take corrective action when necessary.
- Hospitality & Service.
- Set the Foxtrot stage with warm & welcoming hospitality
- Engage and interact with guests, especially when there's a need for escalated response, in a respectful manner.
- Minimum of three (3) years of multi-unit / multi-site management experience, preferably in retail and / or restaurants.
- Top-notch leadership and supervisory skills; effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Problem solving, decision-making and conflict-resolution skills are required.
- Ability to expertly use multiple tech platforms.
- Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing and selection practices.
- Knowledge of local health and sanitation laws and regulations.