The CMA/MA may perform the following clinical procedures under the direct supervision and legal responsibility of a licensed physician, ARNP or PA: obtaining vital signs, monitoring and reporting of patient's signs or symptoms, preparing patient for the physician's care, performing venipuncture's, collecting routine laboratory specimens as directed by the physician, performing basic laboratory procedures, administering basic first aid, assisting with or performing aseptic procedures, assisting during patient examinations or treatments, operating designated office medical equipment, administering medication and non-intravenous injections all as directed by the physician. Standing orders may be initiated in accordance with MPG policy and procedure.
S/he is responsible for accurate documentation of patient information and data collection, assisting with procedures, autoclaving of instruments, keeping rooms sanitary, entering orders, and handling prescription refills as directed by physician. Performs EKG's and may perform other tests if trained: Holter Monitors, nerve conduction, PFT. S/he performs all patient care tasks and responsibilities as designated/delegated by Care Team Coordinator. S/he must maintain top level of confidentiality and be flexible as schedule may change and early/late hours may be required. Any certification, e.g. CMA, CPR etc. must be kept current. S/he is responsible for providing an exemplary patient experience for all patients. All other duties as assigned.
- Completes all assigned tasks timely/daily
- No Prescription/Medication Errors
- Periodic Audit shows no errors in documentation
- Returns patient calls timely
- Keeps physician's schedule full/does not block without approval of Manager
- Keeps rooms clean, fully stocked and ready for next patient
- Informs manager/team leader of medical supplies and medications to be ordered
- Charts are prepared and ready for physician and patient
- Provides exemplary patient experience for all patients
- CMA license if preferred
- 1-2 years of experience is preferred