To apply to a Varex Imaging position, please create an account and sign-in.
CURRENT VAREX IMAGING EMPLOYEES: Please apply by logging into your internal Workday Account .
Want to be added to our Talent Community? Click Here
We are currently looking for a CMOS Mechanical Engineer to support our San Jose, CA and Salt Lake City, Utah facilities.
We are looking for a talented, highly motivated, self-directed Mechanical Engineer to join our team in developing cutting edge digital radiographic devices.
CMOS Mechanical Engineer responsibilities include:
- Design, model, plan and build components and entire systems for CMOS X-ray Imagers that fulfill safety, performance and functionality requirements. Prove the feasibility of design approaches through the creation of mathematical models, CAD models, and prototypes
- Assist researchers in the conceptual layout of prototype models using CAD software
- Design detailed drawings of mature concepts
- Corresponds with vendors, suppliers, and manufacturing to develop novel, successful, and manufacturable designs
- Works with quality engineering to set in place methods and process to inspect components and recommend necessary changes
- Supervise the activities of Designers/Drafters and Technicians as required to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks
- Analyze requirements including customer specifications, risk, schedule, and budget to formulate a design plan
- Work with technical and project leads to prepare and monitor component specifications, cost estimates, development schedules and risk analyses
- Optimize products for performance, cost and manufacturability
- Designs will need to be manufacturable at a cost that lets Varex sell these machines around the world for patients all around the world
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, plus 5+ years of experience; OR Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering, plus 3+ years of experience
- 5+ years extensive experience with CAD software
- Demonstrated experience designing devices and systems from initial requirements and conception through release to production and product maturity.
- Experience with CMOS / IC packaging and handling
- Experience with electronics integration and packaging
- Experience performing thorough analysis of complicated mechanical devices and systems.
- Experience with FEA(i.e., Static, Thermal, Vibration)
- Understanding of diverse material properties and how to effectively utilize them to meet design requirements
- Experience with SolidWorks and SAP
- Experience with drafting and manufacturing practices, GD&T, DFM
- Experience thermal management design
- Experience with consumer product design
- Experience in a highly collaborative cross-functional team environment.
- Experience designing medical devices is a plus
- Working knowledge of tools and instrumentation and ability to work hands-on.
- Hands-on familiarity with fabrication processes including CNC machining, sheetmetal forming, injection molding, welding, and composites
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Well rounded knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Some Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator experience
Become part of our team
Youre just one click away from the most impactful work youll ever do. Apply now and join our mission to save lives. Someone, somewhere, will be glad you did.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Pay Rate Type:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.