CMP Shift Engineer
Job Number: 20000120
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is seeking an Manufacturing Shift Engineer in Malta, New York. Along with a team of engineers, process technicians and maintenance technicians, you will be responsible for maintaining the equipment performance of a highly automated, wafer fabrication facility.
Provides on shift technical and sustaining engineering support in a manufacturing area. Recommends and implements equipment and process modifications to improve production efficiencies, manufacturing
techniques and production yields for existing products. Design, support and conducts statistical analysis such as Design of Experiments (DOE) and Statistical Process Control (SPC) targeting physical cause of failure for
yield loss and improving quality
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing support across all shifts. This Position is for Night Shift within CMP/Plating organization.
In your role as a Manufacturing Shift Engineer (Process Bias) you are responsible to provide technical expertise.This responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
- Work with equipment, process engineers, and manufacturing teams to ensure production wafer quality (e.g. achieve Cp/Cpk targets, eliminate yield systematics and meet line/wafer yield targets) and on time delivery.
- Provide 24/7 startup, volume ramp and operations support for all respective semiconductor process equipment.
- Act as on shift technical resource, troubleshooting and responding to equipment and process issues. Support technician team with maintaining 24/7 coverage.
- Continue to improve process robustness for high volume manufacturing using statistical tools, DOE techniques, data driven decision making and systematic problem solving skills. Use lean manufacturing and six sigma processes
- Interpret and respond to Statistical Process Control charts.
- Create process recipes based on set specifications
- Responsible for process runpath management.
- Provide initial response to abnormal tool down events.
- Support and execute structured problem documentation consistency
- Responsible to investigate holds and blocked lots and address with appropriate departments.
- Responsible for helping with key activities to address problem areas and drive tactical and strategic improvements that will improve cycle time.
- Perform projects to meet Manufacturing indices
- Support engineering projects on shift
- Participate in troubleshooting task forces as need and help develop and execute solutions that prevent recurrence.
Support process and technology transfer from customers and other GLOBALFOUNDRIES fabs.
Support the efforts of the internal technology development team.
- Create/update Standard Operating Procedures to increase efficiency and tool uptime.
- Coordinates information exchange and build working relationships with manager and coworkers to accomplish work steps and to solve problems.
- Provides informal technical support and on-the-job training on specific tasks to new team members.
- Interacts outside of the immediate department to exchange information and accomplish tasks (e.g. with internal customers/suppliers)
- Drive equipment planning and equipment configuration with the area process/equipment engineers
Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
Flexible schedule to allow for training with Engineer's across the module.
Ability to run effective and efficient daily shift pass down as needed.
BS degree in Electrical, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics or other relevant engineering/physical science discipline is required with 0-1 year of experience
- CMP equipment operation and maintenance experience
- Understanding and knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design of Experiments (DoE)
- Experience running operational manufacturing floor
- Demonstrated management/supervisory experience without authority
- Equipment focused/tool maintenance experience
- Demonstrated prioritization experience
- Self-motivated and driven to work with minimal supervision
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation,gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.