Paradise Valley Estates, a premier Continuing Care Retirement Community located in Fairfield, CA, is looking for Full Time PM Certified Nursing Assistants.
The CNA assists the licensed Nurse by performing routine duties in caring for residents.Job duties include:
- Provides care to assigned residents in a caring, safe and efficient manner
- Provides personal care for each person without rushing them and with a respectful attitude according to the plan of care. Explains all procedures to the individual before and during cares; promotes the highest level of self care
- Promotes optimal nutrition and hydration, encourages highest level of self care
- Assists residents in transferring, repositioning and walking, using correct and appropriate transfer techniques and equipment, provides range of motion and passive exercise. Assists people with toileting needs reinforcing bowel and bladder training
- Maintains each person’s self esteem, privacy and confidentiality of personal information, adhering to HIPAA guidelines
- Answers call lights promptly; forwards individual’s requests as appropriate.
- Appropriately documents all cares and behaviors. Receives and shares information; attends or obtains resident report prior to providing care; observes and reports residents’ conditions to appropriate staff. Assists with admissions and discharge procedures.
- Responds appropriately to emergency needs in Laurel Creek Health Center (choking, falls, convulsions, disaster, fire, etc.). Applies and monitors mobility and egress alarms. Demonstrates safe use of oxygen, lifts and all other equipment
- Handles linens properly and disposes of soiled linens, soiled clothing or supplies in adherence to regulations and guidelines; uses standard precautions by using personal protective equipment and observes transmission guidelines, washes hands between resident cares, reports signs/symptoms of resident infection to appropriate staff in a timely manner
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Education: High School or equivalent
- Training: Must have a current Certified Nursing Assistant License
- Desirable; preferably a minimum of 6 months in a hospital, long-term care facility or other related health care facility
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day performing such activities as grasping, lifting, reaching, and to perform light physical work, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a frequent basis and up to 50 pounds, unassisted, on an occasional basis
- Communicates effectively, both written and orally
- Must be have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, their families, and other personnel
- Paradise Valley Estates team members enjoy working near the beautiful rolling hills of the Paradise Valley community in Fairfield, California.
- Competitive paid time off and health benefits.
- Company 401(k) option.
- Numerous voluntary benefits (e.g. gym discounts, pet insurance, life insurance, etc.).
- Employee appreciation events throughout the year.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in joining a dynamic, energetic team, send your resume and cover letter. EOE/M/F/V/D
ABOUT PARADISE VALLEY ESTATES:
Located on more than 68 acres, Paradise Valley Estates is one the largest employers in Fairfield, California. Paradise Valley Estates is certified as a Great Place To work, and is also a recipient of the Gold Pinnacle Award from NuStep, a national award that recognizes top senior living communities that excel in whole-person wellness programming and promote active living for seniors. The Paradise Valley Estates gated campus boasts a diverse mix of team members from dinning services associates to healthcare service providers to security and even our own maintenance crew.
Employment Type: Full Time