Nursing Home and Assisted Living Facilities
Certified Nursing Assistant/Medication Aide (CNA/Med Aide)
Regular Part Time (PT) Benefits Eligible
Birmingham Green, a person-centered care focus community located in Manassas, Virginia was recently named as one of the best Nursing Homes in Virginia (in U.S. News). With a Five-Star Quality Rating (from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), we have been providing high quality and affordable care for 90 years.
For a view into our world, please visit our website at www.birminghamgreen.org
We have an amazing opportunity for Certified Nursing Assistant/Medication Aide (CNA/Med Aide) that can:
- Provide prescribed personal care services for the residents, under the direction of the Nurse Manager.
- Assists with self-administration of medicines, including monitoring of medication supplies and documentation.
- Prepares and administers medication when necessary.
- Follow the established procedures and standards, to enable the residents to enjoy emotional and physical comfort in a safe and caring environment.
- Perform any other duties required to help patient care and maintenance of a smoothly operating department.
- Document activities through Point of Care (POC), ADL Flow sheet, Restorative Sheets, various treatment sheets, charge sheets, etc. as established by the facility.
- Must be able to lift without restrictions.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant license
- Current Medication Aide license
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
- Minimum six months of hands-on experience in a skilled or long term care facility
- Able to work weekends
- CPR certification
- First Aid certification
- Exposure to the senior population
- Familiarity with Point of Care (POC)
- Desire to serve and care for the senior population
We offer remuneration commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive package of benefits and perks, which includes:
o Medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, life insurance, legal guard plan and pet insurance
o 23 days paid time off (employees can accrue up to 500 hours of paid time off)
o Retirement plans through the Virginia Retirement System (VRS) – www.varetire.org
o Tuition Reimbursement
o Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
o Employee Discounts - LifeMart
o Employee Discounts - Cafeteria
How to Apply
If you have been thinking about making a change and you want to make the right change in 2019; then this opportunity is for you.
Come be a part of an extraordinary community and an exceptional team.
8605 Centreville Rd.
Manassas, VA 20110
Attn: Nicole Kinsella, Human Resources Manager
703-257-0811 - fax
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in Birmingham Green.