Providence is calling a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Per Diem, Night) in Oncology at Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
The Certified Nurse Assistant provides nursing care, respiratory care, splinting, and patient support services in a hospital unit under the direction of the Clinical Manager
In this position you will:
- Demonstrates application of knowledge, skills, and behaviors in the physical, motor/sensory, cognitive, psychosocial, patient and family education areas based on PSPH age specific care competency assessment tool.
- Takes and records vital signs; height; weight; food and fluid intake and output; and finger sticks for blood sugar checks; report and documentation.
- Recognizes and reports abnormal signs and symptoms, maintains a safe environment for patients.
- Bathes, dresses, and feed patients; respond to call lights.
- Assists with communication and reports patients’ concerns.
- Orients patients to rooms, unit routines and any equipment necessary for care (call lights, plexipulses, etc.).
- Unit and regulatory tasks routinely completed.
- Respond to all patient call lights when available.
- Assist co-workers on the unit and participate as an active member of the patient care team.
- Record and report information and concerns to appropriate staff.