DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
· Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a CNC.
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator provides leadership through the collaboration of the Director/Designee through planning, organizing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the care provided for patients. The delivery of care is based on criteria that is age appropriate and is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety and learning needs of the individual patients. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: fiscal, human resource, and operational functions. The Clinical Nurse Coordinator performs delegated duties consistent with the scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care at Swedish Medical Center and displays positive support for the overall goals, values and mission of Swedish Medical Center.
***GENEROUS SIGN ON AND RELOCATION BONUS AVAILABLE
Current Colorado Registered Nurse License (may work on a current RN compact license for the first 180 days of employment). Current BLS, ACLS, PALS Certifications through AHA – all areas.
Bachelor Science Nursing or actively pursuing with completion within 3 years of hire required. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
Minimum of 2 years clinical RN experience required. Two years progressive supervisory or charge nurse experience preferred. Able to articulate and demonstrate knowledge of nursing theory and practice.
Demonstrates the ability to have direct patient care and charge nurse responsibilities. Ability to recognize the needs and concerns of people and to maintain constructive relationships in all interactions. Adheres to all departmental safety initiatives. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written manners. Participates in counseling and guidance of personnel. Ability to assume leadership role with the health team in planning and delivery of patient care.
1. Demonstrated competence with patient care information systems.
2. Strong planning, analytical and written skills.
3. Ability to utilize and coach others in the nursing process.
4. Ability to utilize database, spreadsheet, word processing to conduct analysis of statistical reports.
5. Ability to educate, coach and mentor staff using adult learning principles.
Degree of Supervision Required:
Minimal. Individual proceeds on own initiative, in compliance with the philosophy, policies, procedures and practices of SMC and in frequent collaboration with the Director/Designee.
Based on experience and continuous assessment and progress by Director/Designee. Orientation includes formal nursing department orientation of 2-4 days during first 2 weeks of employment.
Job Responsibilities & Job Knowledge:
Meets the expectations and assumes accountability for all on-going job responsibilities. Balances unexpected tasks while performing on-going responsibilities under ordinary direction and minimal supervision. Current and proficient on job-related knowledge, skills, and industry changes. Demonstrates understanding of job relative to Hospital Operations.
1. Identifies and effectively assists in implementation of strategic plans. Actively participates in department and hospital strategic planning and effectively implements new programs and services.
2. Maintains an effective competency and staff development program.
3. Responsible for day-to-day operations such as: processing payroll, managing department expenses, participating on hospital committees, processing employee evaluations, managing personnel issues. Does so in an effective and timely manner in order to meet the needs of the department and organization.
4. Maintains a departmental staffing plan that meets the needs of the customer and is responsive to the changing census.
5. Ensures compliance with TJC standards; federal, state and local regulatory guidelines.
6. Communicates hospital needs and expectations as well as pertinent information to staff in a timely manner.
7. Assures an appropriate skill mix and staffing levels in accordance with volume demands.
8. Creates/fosters a positive environment; leads by example and by holding staff accountable for their behaviors and attitudes (compassionate, professional, communicative).
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
10. Implements all measures to insure patient safety including but not limited to:
• Understands Fall Policy and Core Measures and assures implementation of appropriate measures/precautions
• Discusses safety precautions with patients and family
• Understands Medication Safety Procedures and assures implementation of safe medication administration practices.
Consistently, accurately, and completely performs all job responsibilities. Efficiently demonstrates cost consciousness by organizing work processes within established deadlines, and using supplies, equipment, and time according to budgetary guidelines.
1. Demonstrates knowledge of cost factors in the routine performance of duties; maximizes cost efficiency; implements resource management strategies.
2. Executes job duties to achieve optimal productivity and efficiency.
3. Maintains staffing patterns/numbers according to patient acuity, case load and in compliance with hospital policy.
Assumes accountability for identifying problems and issues, generating solutions, and anticipating effects of decision.
1. Analyzes systems and recommends appropriate system changes that enhance healthcare services and delivery.
2. Is receptive to change or new ways of doing things.
3. Exercises professional judgment when addressing problems as evidenced by a satisfactory resolution (approaches problem with systematic and critical thinking, utilizes appropriate resources, maintains a positive attitude, and involves leadership when needed).
4. Effectively responds to issues/problems pertinent to departmental services that effectively meet the needs of the customers and staff.
Leads, coaches, develops, and recognizes staff to maximize performance and growth.
1. Provides supervision, leadership, and direction to staff in a manner that fosters a positive, productive work environment.
2. Provides opportunities for and supports staff career development.
3. Assures the qualifications and competence of departmental staff through validation of licenses, certification, education, training and competencies.
4. Displays the ability to be perceptive and sensitive to the needs of the group that are being supervised.
a. Available to meet with employees to discuss concerns
b. Holds regular staff meetings
c. Encourages staff to utilize the chain of command to resolve problems.
5. Interview applicants for staff positions and makes recommendations to Director/Designee.
6. Counsels, coaches and mentors personnel concerning performance and behavior. Addresses staff problems in a professional and timely manner. Appropriately involves Director/Designee and/or HR.
7. Manages departmental employees in a fair, competent manner thereby promoting high employee morale. Is responsive to employee input/concerns. Encourages employee participation in decision-making and recognition of employee achievements.
8. Completes written performance evaluations on all assigned personnel by evaluation date.
9. Ensures that new employees are adequately oriented and socialized to the department to facilitate employee satisfaction and retention of staff.
10. Seeks out opportunities for ongoing personal and professional development.11. Is accountable for fair, consistent application and adherence to policies and procedures
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
· If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.