A 100-year tradition of quality
Cretex is a diversified family of manufacturing companies serving the medical market. Our companies share a common set of values, a common management system, and a pervasive focus on quality, customer service and responsiveness. We've been around for 100 years and by doing the right things well, we plan to be around for many more.
Upholding a true standard for ethical excellence
For nearly a century, Cretex has earned a reputation for consistently holding true to the core principles of honesty and integrity. Our employees take great pride in their work and the level of service they offer our customers. Because of this, our companies continue to earn the highest level of confidence and loyalty from our customers, suppliers, employees, owners and stakeholders.
Bringing the best together through technology and talent.
The Cretex Medical family of companies provide a broad range of contract manufacturing solutions to medical device OEMs. Our private ownership, long-term perspective and strong financial portfolio allow us to invest in the leading-edge manufacturing technologies and engineering resources required to meet the most exacting requirements of the medical device industry. Our growing portfolio of companies include rms, rms Surgical, Meier, JunoPacific, Spectralytics and QTS; providing manufacturing capabilities that include precision machining, plastic injection molding, micro stamping, metal forming, laser micromachining, surgical instruments and clean room assembly and packaging.
rms Surgical is a single-source provider of custom instrumentation and sterilization cases and trays for the medical device market. Complete design capability complements the sterilization case and tray manufacturing with an emphasis on fast turnaround of prototype and production requirements. The instrumentation manufacturing is supported by dedicated prototype capability and design for manufacturability support.
We are currently looking for skilled CNCLathe Machinists to work our:
1st shift: 6:00am-4:30pm Monday through Thursday (with overtime as needed)
2nd shift:4:30pm to 3:00am Monday through Thursday (with overtime as needed) = 17% shift differential capped at $4.00
4th shift: 6:00am-6:30pm Friday through Sunday (with overtime as needed) = 20% shift differential capped at $4.00.
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus!!!
The Machinist III position meets all Machinist II requirements and is knowledgeable with all machine functions. A machinist at this level is able to take a print of a part and manufacture the part described. They are capable of developing a process to include layout and tool checking new jobs, editing a program, complete set up, dry run and manufacture parts with close tolerances or unusual requirements with no assistance.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides an advanced level of machining techniques
- Understands tool detection, tool presetting and probe
- Makes program edits and maintains efficiency levels at or above 90%
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues, escalating non-conformance for parts and policies to the cell leads attention
- Performs tool checks and fabricates tooling prints
- Promotes good morale and productivity
- Mentors level I and II Machinists, frequently checks in to ensure understanding and compliance to the work instructions, operating procedures, and training documents
- Streamlines setups for optimum efficiencies
- Interacts with programming, engineering and quality to solve difficult problems
- Initiates SPC on difficult jobs as a problem solving techniques
- Works with difficult materials
- Runs all jobs in the department
- Cross trains in other departments to learn new skills
- Maintains efficiency metrics
- Runs multiple CNC machines
- Provides machine maintenance by checking the way lube, coolant/oil levels, inspecting the doors, guards and shields, refractometer use and chip removal
- Verifies the first article meets the specifications listed
- Locates, reads and understands the Inspection Plan (IP)
- Reads, understands and follows work instructions
- Understands sample sizes and frequencies
- Completes daily production sheets
- Understands how to buff and deburr product
- Understands advanced blueprint reading and geometric tolerancing concepts
- Understands advanced shop math skills
- Reads and complies with work instructions, set up sheets, and checklists
- Enters production information into the ERP system on a timely basis
- Accurately records and reports hours worked
- Maintains an organized work area (5S) to include workstations, equipment, walkways, and locker rooms
- Participates in the Operational Excellence Program
- Understands and complies with the Cretex Professional Competencies, company policies, and employee manual
- Adheres to all safety policies; includes wearing personal protective equipment when required
- Supports and complies with the company's Quality System, ISO, and medical device requirements
- Completes all other work duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements, Education & Experience (incl. KSA's and certifications)
- Two-year Machining or Technical Degree (or a minimum of 4 years of experience machining medical components with tight tolerances)
- 5 years of experience as a CNC machinist
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, comprehend, follow and document work instructions, standard operating procedures, and training documents
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Dexterity and hand and eye coordination
- Attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to take direction from the area manager
- Ability to collaborate and assist team members, provide input to the area lead, and attend and participate in meetings
- Ability to cross train in other areas of production when required
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment
Desirable Criteria & Qualifications
- Medical manufacturing CNC experience
- Mentoring experience
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry (FDA, ISO)
Physical & Environmental Demands
- Ability to occasionally: lift 10-50lbs, carry 10-50lbs and to stand, bend and stoop
rms Surgical, a Cretex Medical Company, emerged from rms and JunoPacific, leading medical device manufacturing companies with a worldwide reputation for providing precision machined implants and other devices to the medical device industry. Join our dedicated team of professionals!
Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, family status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other protected status as required by law.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment and eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify