Operates a computer numerically controlled machine in a low to medium production volume environment.
- Machining of 3 and 4 axis on a variety of work centers.
- Machine (drill, mill and tap) a wide assortment of sometimes intricate and expensive castings, forgings, weldments and machined parts.
- Inspect and be accountable for own parts.
- Setup machine center to perform required operation that requires blocking, and alignment of irregular shapes.
- Set 3 axis position stops, fixture offsets, select proper feeds, speeds and tools.
- Perform operator intervened operations that are required by program sequences.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must have 5-10 years working on vertical and/or horizontal machine tools.
- Journeyman or completion of apprenticeship program is a plus.Experience working on MAKINO machining centers is highly desirable.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, sometimes of a complex nature with interrelated dimensions.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work and inspect parts to close tolerances (.0002”).
- Part programming ability in Mazatrol, EIA or G format is desirable.
- Familiar with FANUC controls
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- 401-K plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bonus (discretionary)
- Direct Deposit
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability