(This is a second shift position; 3pm - 11:30pm)
PURPOSE, FUNCTION, OBJECTIVE: To perform necessary tasks required to assist the Atlas Flex team in meeting established objectives in safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Set up and operate CNC machine equipment
- Loading and indicating a large range of part sizes between rotary chucks in CNC machines
- Requires lifting, pulling and pushing of a large range of Die sizes
- Setting and loading all tool holders and tooling needed to machining dies
- Loading and checking machining programs
- Pre and post quality checks of parts (In process checking)
- Following proper safety procedures
- Cleaning and maintaining CNC equipment
Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Willing participant in continuous learning culture.
Experience: Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment. Lean manufacturing experience preferred.
Technical skills: Understanding processes related to photography, CNC milling, etching and chemical processing. Ability to read blueprints, use tight tolerance measuring devices. Ability to use computer for data entry.
Equipment familiarization: Fanuc controllers, grinding equipment, etching equipment, ovens, shears, chemical processing equipment, spray painting equipment, and miscellaneous hand tools.
PPE: Safety glasses with side shields, steel toed shoes must be worn when in manufacturing area. Appropriate company issued gloves must be worn when working with or handling in - process or finished tooling and in accordance with equipment manufacturers recommendations.
Physical demands: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.