Overall Purpose: The CNC Operator will produce machined parts by setting up and operating a CNC machine while adhering to quality and safety standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Set up CNC machines when provided with the necessary information, tools, and drive device
· Perform First Article Inspections, including molds and segment inspection as required
· Enter SPC jobs into the computer
· Collect SPC data on the computer
· Print and close out jobs.
· Send and retrieve programs from the main computer
· Perform set-up with tools provided
· Perform complete inspection of parts
· Properly complete dimensional inspection reports
· Properly operate CNC machines to ensure productivity standards are met
· Read blue prints
· Properly document labor report, job travelers and other daily reports in a timely manner
· Crosstrain in other areas as needed
· Clean work areas
· Follow both verbal and written instructions
· Adhere to 5S Standards
· Adhere to all company policies and procedures, including, but not limited to, policies for attendance and punctuality and standards for safety
· Other duties based on the needs of the Machine Shop
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
· High School education or equivalent
· 3+ years of CNC or manufacturing machine shop experience
· Must be familiar with Okuma lathes and HAAS milling machines
· Must be capable of performing duties and responsibilities with minimum supervision
· Able to read and understand blue prints
· Knowledge of basic measuring tools, calipers, micrometers, comparators and math required
· Fluent in English (able to read, speak, write and understand)
· Must be a US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
· While performing duties of the job, the employee is required to:
o Regularly stand, walk, and reach with both hands and arms
o Perform repetitive motions
o Regularly lift 10+ pounds
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
Work Environment: Machine Shop environment with moderate to high noise level
* Must be US Persons based on ITAR definition (US Citizen or Permanent Resident).* This position is expected to be exposed to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All Applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.